• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root google voice texts me every time I shut my phone down

theTrashcanMan

May 3, 2010
Downtown to hell
I just installed mikg and love it. My battery life seems better and the phone runs faster, but I'm encountering something really weird... every time I shut down or restart my phone Google voice sends me a text like this:

Phone SHUTTING DOWN
Map URL: *****

Location time: 07:29:24 PM, January 4
NETWORK: accurate to 1753 meters

I'm sure that there is some setting somewhere that I tweaked to get it to do this, but I can't figure out where it is to turn it off. Does anybody have any idea why it is doing this or anything. Just fyi, Google voice sends the text to itself.

I checked the web interface and all of the settings for google voice, but found nothing.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Did you switch your sprint number to a google voice number? I used this feature for a while and I didn't like it so I went back to my sprint number and ONLY using GV for my voicemail.

Have you reset GV on the computer side? You will need to get rid of the GV number and then return to the Sprint number. Then when you open up GV application for the first time, on the very first screen, press skip to skip the process of switching to a GV number

Upvote 0
Did you switch your sprint number to a google voice number? I used this feature for a while and I didn't like it so I went back to my sprint number and ONLY using GV for my voicemail.

Have you reset GV on the computer side? You will need to get rid of the GV number and then return to the Sprint number. Then when you open up GV application for the first time, on the very first screen, press skip to skip the process of switching to a GV number

No, I've kept my gv and my sprint numbers. I'll completely uninstall and reinstall gv and see if that helps. If not, any other suggestions?

Upvote 0
No, I've kept my gv and my sprint numbers. I'll completely uninstall and reinstall gv and see if that helps. If not, any other suggestions?

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not do it, you will have to change the settings in the Google Voice app on the computer, it's the only way to revert back to your Sprint number;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones