1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Google Voice txt duplicating messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hklevi, Sep 24, 2010.

1. hklevi

hklevi Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    President, Alamo City LX Modern Mopar USAF SF Re
    San Antonio, TX but mostly in denial
    I have been using Google voice for a few months now and have been loving it until last night. I mainly use it for txt messages and last night I received one immediate followed by a txt message from the same person/content as an actual txt message. I have continued to receive duplicate messages from this person (only one that has txt'd me) and I need it to stop! I don't have an unlimited txt plan (and don't want one) not to mention the redundancy of the messages coming to Google voice and my txt folders.

Can anyone PLEASE help me? I don't know if this is a result of updating to 2.2 two days ago or not....

Advertisement

2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    It's just a setting. Log into your Google Voice account online, go to Settings > Voice Settings, locate your Mobile number and select edit. Uncheck "receive text messages..."

edit: there's likely a way to do this from the phone, I just have never done it from the phone and knew the steps to do it through a web browser.

hklevi likes this.
  3. hklevi

hklevi Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    President, Alamo City LX Modern Mopar USAF SF Re
    San Antonio, TX but mostly in denial
    Thanjs! Any idea why it decided to start all on it's own?

4. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Nope, no idea. I found the setting for it on the phone, though, so it could have been triggered by the upgrade (i.e. it's controlled by a setting on the phone so changes to the system could modify that setting).

5. mchadsac

mchadsac New Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Just a thought but do you get a number of free sms with your monthly plan and perhaps your new billing cycle started on the same day?