1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Google Voice Typing

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Habanero, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Habanero

Habanero Member
    None

Jan 3, 2014
    I have a Galaxy Note 3 and have been using the Google Voice Typing for several years now. After one of the more recent system updates, it doesn't seem to work as well. It stil works but gets a lot of the words wrong. So I have to do quite a bit of editing. It usually has the correct word(s) in the drop-down when I tap on the word to change but sometimes it doesn't. It takes quite a bit longer now to type (speak) something out because I have to monkey with it for a bit to get it right. I don't remember it being this cumbersome for the first couple years. Also, a friend of mine had a spare iphone 5 that he's not using so he offered to let me borrow it for a while just to compare it to my phone. I thought what the heck-I've never used an iphone before. It's not as powerful and nice as my phone but I noticed that the speech to text works much better. It doesn't get the words wrong like Google's. Very rarely do I have to go in and change anything. So I know Google's can be made to work better. Anybody else notice this?
    Thanks.

Advertisement