• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice Update Brings Direct Access Numbers for Speedier Dialing, Eliminates Free Calling Trick

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Google Voice just got an update on Android and Blackberry to include a feature called “direct access numbers.” The service now assigns a unique outgoing call number to each person you dial, skipping the need to forward the number you were dialing to Google Voice’s servers. This new feature makes connecting outgoing calls quicker by [...]

More...

people are saying gv callback app still works?

thats what I've been using anyway. instead of the call back being my gv number its going to be some random routing number incoming? that would be a killer. if its still gv number nothing has changed right?

This better not screw with contact numbers in address book either.

Upvote 0
people are saying gv callback app still works?

thats what I've been using anyway. instead of the call back being my gv number its going to be some random routing number incoming? that would be a killer. if its still gv number nothing has changed right?

This better not screw with contact numbers in address book either.

I don't think it will affect folks who don't use access numbers in the process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones