1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Google Voice Visual VM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ProbeDroid, Dec 22, 2011.

1. ProbeDroid

ProbeDroid Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    Hey everyone. I tried searching for the answer as to not repost a thread but I can't seem to find one that will answer my question. I am having issues with seting up my VZW GNexus. When I try to set up the voicemail i get this

"Unfortunately your network carrier is currently not supported for automatic voicemail configuration. To use Google Voice as your voicemail provider, please visit the Google Voice Help Center for more information."

then I can skip or I go into configure.

When I go into configure I select Google Voice as my Voicemail Service and I just get "Reading Settings" and it's kind of stuck there. Anyone has issues like this?

I've had it on my DroidX with no issues. I miss the Visual Voice mail.

Advertisement

2. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert
    None

Apr 7, 2010
    IT god
    B'more
    When I set-up google voice, i got that same error. I just ignored it and it works for me. (I had it set-up on my Dinc. before the GN)

I "think" (and this is just a guess) that you have to set-up the "carrier" part the first time after that you just need the app installed and linked to your google voice account.

3. streetfish

streetfish Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 18, 2011
    The Dirty
    I think after you install it to activate the google voicemail for your cell you have to dial *71 followed by your google phone number. go on the google voice website and it should tell you how exactly - under settings, phones.

gunit34328, Carl314 and ProbeDroid like this.
  4. ProbeDroid

ProbeDroid Newbie
    None

Dec 22, 2011
    streetfish Many Thanks!!! What I did was what you suggested. But I went to google voice went under their settings then deactivated it then reactivated it using the number they provided. Works flawless! Hopefully this will help out other members.

gunit34328 likes this.
  5. gunit34328

gunit34328 Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
  6. SBCT

SBCT Member
    None

May 4, 2010
    the *71 thing is just a shortcut for going into the settings on your phone and changing the voicemail from verizon to google voice. I got that same error when google voice tried to change the phone settings on its own so I just went in and changed it myself and its worked fine ever since.

You would think google voice shouldnt have any issues setting itself up on a google nexus but I guess not............

Tags: