1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Google Voice voicemail notifications...help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WizeGuyDezignz, May 22, 2010.

1. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    I am currently using Google Voice for my Visual Voicemail. When someone leaves a voicemail, I get about 5 notification sounds in a row! It's so annoying. I bascially get a couple of email notifications, a message notification, etc.

Is there a way where it only makes one notification sound and just shows that you have a new voicemail? I don't need a bunch of things going off at once. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement

2. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    If you are using the GV app, you need to go into your GV account and turn off all notifications.

If you don't want to use the app, you can apply the advise in reverse ;)

WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
  3. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    Go to your google voice page and go to settings and go under Voicemail and SMS. Uncheck "email message to:..." and "Send SMS to" and get rid of Forward SMS to my email.

WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
  4. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    San Diego
    Cool thanks! If I do what you suggested will my phone at least play a sound and notify me that I have a new voicemail? I just want one notification instead of SMS, Email and all that. Thanks!

5. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Google voice itself has options for SMS and email notifications (which can be turned on or off). If you turn these both off it shouldn't do anyhting when a VM is received.

I would think the app has an option within its settings to send a notification (notification bar/LED/sound etc). I do not use it, so I am not 100%.

Key is to turn everything off except for one.

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Yeah ditch the sms and email notifications and use only the notification in the GV app on your phone. You can set to audibly alert there plus leave a message in the notification bar so when u click on it, the app will launch and u can read/listen to your mail.