• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice Voicemail Problem

jjfreak5

Dec 8, 2009
I am having a problem with my Google Voice voicemail. The problem is it keeps going to my Verizon voicemail. It was working fine for a while, and then recently it has just been going to my Verizon voicemail. I have tried deactivating and then reactivating numerous times. I have also uninstalled and re-installed. I have tried everything I can think of.

I had a problem a few weeks or a month ago where I couldn't make calls it said my phone couldn't be validated on the network. I called and got everything sorted out but since then my Google Voice has not been working. I don't know if they blocked the number that it needs to be forwarded to or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry meant to add that I am currently using a Droid X.

Under the call settings the Voicemail service is set to Google Voice. All the other things seem normal. Although where it says set default voicemail the only choices are voicemail, visual voice mail, or always choose. I have no idea what this stuff means.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones