1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Google Voice - Voicemail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FulciLives, Jan 2, 2012.

1. FulciLives

FulciLives Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA USA
    I can't seem to get Google Voice to work correctly with my Samsung Exhibit II 4G and from what I can find out it seems to be a problem with T-MOBILE pre-paid plans.

Basically I want it set up so that when people call my T-MOBILE phone number that voice mail is picked up by Google Voice (instead of T-MOBILE's voice mail). I had this working with my last cell phone (which was an Android phone with cricKet).

Anyway for this to work you need to set up call forwarding but apparently T-MOBILE doesn't allow this with pre-paid plans.

I'm a bit bummed out about finding this out :(

I did find that if I call my Google Voice phone number that it will get sent to my phone and if I don't answer then it will go to Google Voice voice mail. However I've given everyone my new T-MOBILE phone number and it's supposed to work but alas no call forwarding.

I did some google searches to see what I could find and I came across two things:

1.) One person said that if you call T-MOBILE that they can set your voice mail delay from 20 seconds (which I guess is the default) to 30 seconds. They claimed they made the change and with the longer delay that Google Voice voice mail then worked and was able to intercept the call.

2.) Apparently there is a way to delete and/or not use T-MOBILE's voice mail service and that doing so should (maybe?) make Google Voice voice mail work. I'm not sure about the details here though.

I haven't tried either one of these so-called solutions (yet).

Any ideas or comments?

Advertisement

2. surgerush

surgerush Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    New York State
    I personally couldn't get anything to work with my voicemail getting forwarded to any other type of service, so I just gave up in the end and I just simply call my voicemail from a landline now, so it doesn't use up the minutes.