1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google voice working?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by da man, Sep 19, 2011.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Im trying to get google voice set up for my voicemail and I cant get passed the step where you have to dial the code in the dialer. Anybody else get it working?

2. unplugged1

unplugged1 Android Enthusiast

Google Voice ("GV") doesn't use voicemail in the standard sense, so I am a bit confused as to what you are doing. You set up your GV voicemail through the GV website, not through our phone. You will not use your voicemail program on your phone. You will use the GV app that you will need to download from the Android Market.

You get your text messages and voicemail all through the one GV app on your phone. You will be able access this from both your phone and from your GV web site.

I don't know of any code you put into the dialer for GV, but it has been several years since I first established my account. Perhaps you can explain further where in the process you exactly are.

da man likes this.
  3. alnova1

alnova1 Android Enthusiast

I know what your talking about and don't worry about that *38 and your number that it ask you to call...it never works. My GV Voicemail still works without it. Just set it up to forward to your phone online and then just install the app and go through the setup and it will work...at least it does for me.

da man likes this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Got it working. Thanks, some of what you both said helped me get if figured out. If you work the settings right you can actually use google voice as visual voicemail using your sprint phone number. So it is free visual voicemail. Pretty cool really.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews