• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google voice

You'll use your minutes to make calls with the way google voice is setup (unless you have pick 5 or something similar).

Personally, I use it as my voicemail. It works the same as visual voicemail but also emails you a copy of the voicemail AND texts you a transcript (sometimes horribly inaccurate and sometimes great) of what was said in the voicemail.

Upvote 0
You'll use your minutes to make calls with the way google voice is setup (unless you have pick 5 or something similar).

Personally, I use it as my voicemail. It works the same as visual voicemail but also emails you a copy of the voicemail AND texts you a transcript (sometimes horribly inaccurate and sometimes great) of what was said in the voicemail.

Just curious, why would you want email and sms transcripts if the app also notifies you with a transcript?

Upvote 0
Just curious, why would you want email and sms transcripts if the app also notifies you with a transcript?

If I'm at work, I may not be able to take the call and use the text notification (i keep mobile internet off most of the time). If I'm traveling for work to somewhere that doesn't get service, I use the email notification from my laptop.

Upvote 0
I got a Google Voice activation email today...was pretty happy. Thought Canada was finally getting GV...clicked on the link and got this message:

Google Voice is not available in your country.
Thanks for visiting Google Voice. We're not yet open for users outside the US, but are planning to expand our service to additional countries in the future.
Why was I sent a GV invite if I can't use it!!! Isn't that pointless -_-;;;

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones