• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice??

gunny5821

Android Enthusiast
Aug 4, 2010
Richmond, VA (USA)
I just installed Google Voice App and tried out the voicemail portion of it. I subsequently noticed that it charges me .10 cents per voice mail. If this is in fact correct, I will be deleting it asap. Since I am new to this, maybe I am over reacting, so someone with the info and knowledge on this, please fill me in. Thanks!

I just installed Google Voice App and tried out the voicemail portion of it. I subsequently noticed that it charges me .10 cents per voice mail. If this is in fact correct, I will be deleting it asap. Since I am new to this, maybe I am over reacting, so someone with the info and knowledge on this, please fill me in. Thanks!

There is no charge for Google Voice as your voicemail.

Reactions: gunny5821
Upvote 0
Is there any way to disable any application on the android without uninstalling them from the phone?

Or like a windows task manager prevent them from starting up on restart?

If you are talking about Google Voice you can sign out BUT GV will still be your voicemail unless you dial *73 to deactivate it and then your carrier will be your voicemail again.

Upvote 0
I subsequently noticed that it charges me .10 cents per voice mail.
Where exactly are you seeing this? GV doesn't charge you anything for voice mail. You might get charged for SMS notifications or forwarding by your carrier but not from Google.

Is there any way to disable any application on the android without uninstalling them from the phone?

Or like a windows task manager prevent them from starting up on restart?
Thread jacking isn't polite. You really should post another thread -- after reading up on how Android multitasks.

Upvote 0
OK, I looked and yes, my noob eyes read it wrong, it is a credit. So there is NO cost for using voice mail? What about when it converts it to written text, which makes it visual voice mail, is there a charge for that? I guess I need to just ask it this way, does Google Voice charge you for any of the functions it provides (Disregard international calls, never make them and have it turned off)? The program looks great, I just don't want to get any $$$ surprizes if you know what I mean...

Thanks!

Upvote 0
OK, I looked and yes, my noob eyes read it wrong, it is a credit. So there is NO cost for using voice mail? What about when it converts it to written text, which makes it visual voice mail, is there a charge for that? I guess I need to just ask it this way, does Google Voice charge you for any of the functions it provides (Disregard international calls, never make them and have it turned off)? The program looks great, I just don't want to get any $$$ surprizes if you know what I mean...

Thanks!

GOOGLE won't charge you for ANY service on Google Voice EXCEPT for International Calls. So, if you do as you say and don't make any International Calls, Google won't charge you anything.

However, depending on your carrier and your calling/texting plan, it's possible that the use of Google Voice may result in charges from your carrier (but NOT Google).

That's about as clear as I can make it - hope that helps. Your really should go to the Google Voice Help center and review some of the articles there if you still have questions. Google Voice Help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones