• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice

tmette

Dec 11, 2009
Illinois
Has anyone else found the transcribed text messages that come through GV not very accurate at all? The first one I tried came through perfectly, however, all the others have been messed up that I don't even know what they mean.

Maybe my friends just can't talk properly? I will excuse the one time I was left a voicemail and it was from inside a bar with loud music. Kinda funny because I knew what song was playing before I even listened to it.

The most hilarious thing about Google transcribing the messages happened to me when my mother called and left a message in Bengali, my native language. Google Voice actually put together some almost-coherent English stuff. Of course, it was nothing close to what she said. But, it was funny!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones