1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

google voice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JRJ, Dec 12, 2009.

1. JRJ

JRJ Member

Since recieving the OTA update last night google voice turns on automatically and checks for messages when ever I get a text message even though i have it set to never update on it's own. Is anyone else having this problem? Th problem with this is that google voice is a constant draw on 3g and keeps the phone awake if you don't turn it off with a task killer.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ttran97

ttran97 Android Enthusiast

Go into your Google Voice app and change the notification settings to every 5 min or whatever...or even never. I set my GV to send me an email when I get a txt and that gets pushed through my gmail, so I use that instead of having the GV app check all the time.

3. JRJ

JRJ Member

I have google voice set to never refresh so that it has to be done manually. The problem is not with the google voice text message app but with the native text program on the eris. when ever I recieve a text on the native program my phone turns on google voice as well but only since the update was done.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews