1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Voice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kylecummins, Dec 23, 2011.

1. kylecummins

kylecummins Android Expert

Okay so I seen the app in the market, downloaded it and then it said I needed to setup at google.com/voice

went there got it working on my laptop, placed a call from my computer to my cell phone. then I went into the app and it asks me for a 4 digit pin for the voicemail. I put in the #### and hit next

"your phone number could not be verified. please try again"

then it just brings me through the same process.

any ideas how i can get this working on my phone? or even video chatting through google talk or anything

I'm thinking alot of these features are blocked in canada or something, I cant get Wallet, Voice, or video chatting even on google it seems.

ANY help would be appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ymDroid

ymDroid Well-Known Member

Did you set it up online first, and pick your Google Voice number.

I don't know if it works in Canada or not, but I know in the States, you had do an initial set up online first.

3. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

What is this pin number?

I have GV installed and I forward work # calls to my cell all day long. Works great. Even outbound works great.

Maybe you have the GSM version. I have multiple vendors that forward to their cell phones on ATT and it's so freakin' hard to get a hold of them... ring ring ring ring ring... their ATT VM never picks up, even without GV. Maybe it's an ATT thing?

Never had a problem with GV on my VZW SGN.

4. kylecummins

I'm on GSM yes, I'm in canada on Bell Mobility.

5. Dabitz

Dabitz Android Enthusiast

I know Voice doesn't work for Puerto Rico, so I assume the same applies for Canada?

6. shushwap

shushwap Lurker

Google voice does not work in Canada
    You can make a call through Gmail in Canada

7. JDlawyer

JDlawyer Member

I don't know about Canada but I had a problem using Google Voice for my voice mail retrieval. I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon. I use Google Voice to retrieve my voice mails. Google Voice records the messages and transcribes them and sends me a text and an email. After I switched to Verizon I could not get Google Voice to do this on my Galaxy Nexus even though I had selected Google Voice for my voice mails. It seems like Verizon has disabled this feature. I searched online and found a fix that worked for me. If you are having the same problem as me then go to your phone and dial the following: *71, your Google Voice number and then hit SEND. (*71-###-###-#### SEND). You will hear a few beeps and then your phone will be disconnected. This should work. All your voice mails should go through Google Voice. It seems like what this does is that it causes the missed call to be forwarded to your Google Voice number so this forwarded call will be charged against your minute plan with Verizon. If you have an unlimited plan, like I do, then its not a problem. But if you have a limited minute plan, it will eat up your minutes. Once you do this, try calling your phone from another phone and see if it works.

mntbighker likes this.
  8. kylecummins

Thanks, sicamous?

9. shushwap

shushwap Lurker

Not anymore.... Used to though

10. kylecummins

I was born in revy

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews