1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Google voicemail sprint-to-sprint

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Berix, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Berix

Berix Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Hello. I rooted my sprint HTC hero and installed CM6 on it the other day, and everything is working great... except voicemail.

I was using the Sprint VVM app, and that worked, but I got that annoying SMS message with each new voicemail, so I decided to switch to Google Voice (for voicemail only).

It seems to work, except when my friends (who also have Sprint) call, and I don't answer the call, they either get a fast busy signal or they hear a voice say something like "Call cannot be completed. Goodbye" and then it hangs up.

Calling from land-lines and other cells seems to work ok? I just enabled Google Voice today, so do I need to wait a certain amount of time before it works Sprint to Sprint, or?

Has anyone else seen this before?

**EDIT** I should mention, it only happens on unanswered calls. If i dismiss the call before it's done ringing, it properly goes to google voicemail.

Advertisement

2. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Did you set up GV on the computer also? Then sign into the GV app and configure voicemail

3. Berix

Berix Member

Oct 27, 2010
    No, I did not. Just had a friend try it again, and it appears to be working now.

I guess I wasn't patient enough :)

4. Fenga Papit

May 3, 2010
    You can also block that annoying SMS if you use Handcent. That works for most people.

5. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Honolulu
    +1 on what Fenga said -

Download handscent and turn of your Stock Message notifications.
    Then you can Blacklist the Text message on handcent.

WORKS FOR ME!!!

6. Berix

Berix Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah, I kind of wanted to keep the stock Messaging app (for whatever reason)

7. MahaloCat

MahaloCat Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Honolulu
    ok thats fair....handcent is better though - little bubbles kind of suck but you don't have a cap on recipients....I think most u can do on stock is 10....

8. Berix

Berix Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah, I'll have to try it out -- I don't do a whole lot of texting anyway, but it does look neat.

Tags: