1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Google Voicemail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PatrickD88, Jan 7, 2011.

1. PatrickD88

PatrickD88 Well-Known Member
    None

Does anyone really wish Virgin Mobile would support the complete use of Google Voice for voicemail like every other carrier seems to? Anybody have any workarounds for this?

Advertisement

2. sfollenius

sfollenius Member
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    I just give everyone my Google Voice phone number, the only thing you can't do is forward your VM phone # to the Google Voice #. I installed the Google Voice App on my phone and when I make calls I choose "USE GOOGLE VOICE" then their caller ID sees my Google Voice #.

3. jagossel

jagossel Newbie
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    Software Developer
    That is actually what I like about the Google Voice app, the fact that it will ask me which to use: my mobile or Google Voice number.

4. PatrickD88

PatrickD88 Well-Known Member
    None

Lately, I've been getting disillusioned with Google Voice. The quality on the line has been atrocious.

5. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 24, 2010
    School
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    I would love it if/when somebody figures out how to enable GVoice as the Voicemail Default. Google made Android and GVoice so they should be able to "force" carriers to allow GVoice. That would make sense.

6. JonIndie

JonIndie Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 9, 2010
    KY
    what's your best tips for making it so nobody ever figures out your virgin mobile number?

I know you can hit 'silent' and just let it ring through and it's suppose to goto your google voicemail instead of your virgin mobile voicemail.. but sometimes people STILL get my virgin mobile voicemail. I don't know how.. but it's annoying.

have you guys called virgin mobile and asked them to disable voicemail? .. is there a way to set it so your virgin mobile number will ring longer then it's normally suppose to? that way it will kick in to google voicemail before your virgin mobile number ever has a chance to goto voicemail.

if you do get your voicemail disabled does it still give them some automated message where it says your number?

like the number you have dialed 555-555-5555 doesn't have a voicebox setup yet.. blah blah

7. JonIndie

JonIndie Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 9, 2010
    KY