• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Wallet Experiences

jmfolcik

Oct 19, 2011
For the 3rd time, this last weekend I tried to use some of my $25 google wallet prepaid gift card money at McDonalds, to have it not work. My phone always brings up google wallet when I pass it over the payment device but never goes through. It would say something like unsuccessful, tape screen and try again or something like that.

Curious if anyone else has had this. Tomorrow we are supposedly able to request a refund of the money, I plan on doing it since it doesn't work for me.
I made a survey so we can see how our experiences have been:
Used Google Wallet Survey

And here is where you can request your refund starting the 17th they say:
https://www.google.com/wallet/prepaid-refund/index.html

I use mine regularly as I have my bank card linked to it

The few times it didn't work was due to cashier not knowing to run it as credit.

If you haven't unlocked wallet you have to tap phone which will.then prompt you for your wallet pin and then will tell you to tap phone again

I usually unlock wallet right before I use it so I only have to tap once.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones