• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Wallet - No Root Needed :)

Ok so please confirm this.
1. get products
2. wake and unlock screen or just wake?
3. no need to open the GW app
4. Does it beep or something letting you know its paid for does something come up on the screen?

Wake the screen, the paypass thing will prompt you, hold the back of your phone up to it, put your pin in on the phone, that was it! No need to open the app

Upvote 0
Stopped into Rite Aid today and got a couple bars of soap and some paper towels on Google's dime. Worked instantly with no issues. Luckily it wasn't busy because I had to explain the whole thing to the clerk.

I'll probably just have $10 or $20 loaded on it for small fast food or drug store purchases. I like that it gives you the option to just load money on a Google Gift Card.

Upvote 0
I used GW for the first time tonight! I would like to thank Google for a gatorade and reese's minis. I think I might go back and use my remaining $6.26 of google cash on some booze.

The girl behind the counter saw what I was doing (paying with my GNex), got this incredibly dumbfounded look on her face, then just started laughing hysterically. She went out of her way to get another cashier and tell her what I had just done. All I did was smile. That was really awesome.

Upvote 0
PU5CRIpu

Anyone know a way around this?

Upvote 0
Merged threads together

Mercy! I have seen more thread merging coming from you than than I have in my 10 years of using forums.

Seems like every time you read a thread you merge it.

What happens when you do that? I see no difference or obvious signs of it being done.

Should you not state why & what thread you merged it with?

So you say you merged this thread. With what?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Stopped by 7-11 this morning to pick up a pack of gum. Placed my phone on the paypass terminal and the lady said i was using the wrong one...dang!

Placed the phone and I was asked for the passcode. Put it back and the transaction went thru. The old bag at the register wasn't even phased that I paid with my phone. The guy behind me in line was staring at me so hard I could feel the heat on my back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones