• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Wallet now Available through the Market**

I did that and it worked like a charm! My only remaining issue is that Wallet STILL doesn't show up in "My Apps" even though Play updated it to 1.1-R67v4...

Thanks for the link! Apparently we're going to need a bar code for every update from now on :rolleyes:

Actually, I don't think so Chief, I actually swiped the link from one of the threads on this very board well before the last update...

I'm in the same boat as you, mine doesn't show-up in "my apps" either. in "all apps" it show up as "installed" though. It's almost like its 99% right but to quite all the way there :/

Upvote 0
I can't for the life of me get this to install with the browser method and don't really want to sideload and not be able to get updates for it then. Do you have to be on 4.0.4 to get the browser method to work now as I keep ignoring the update to 4.0.4 with all the problems I keep hearing with it that people are reporting. If the phone gets any worse I will want to get rid of it even though I love the screen.

Upvote 0
Go with a custom ROM. Fall in love with your phone again lol

But I can't figure out the play store/computer browser/log out and log in trick either. Just side load it for now and maybe Verizon will get on board with it being available for our device

edit: I guess Verizon will never let us get google wallet because they're on board with Isis. But shouldn't the consumer be allowed to choose?
this is garbage. I hate how these big corporations monopolize the market by blocking our access to competitors.

Sent using Tapatalk, the free one.

Upvote 0
My google wallet shows version 1.1-R67-v4.

I had to send my phone out to repair a cracked glass so samsung did a factory reset afterwards. When I got my phone back, I unlocked and rooted my phone. Then I did a google restore. Restore automatically reinstalled google wallet. Shortly after, my notification bar showed an update to google wallet.

Here is where I thought I would get jacked. But it updated. The one difference I see now that I didn't see before was a message at the top of the wallet that says "unsupported device". Not sure if that has to do with rooting because the link to that message talks about rooting and prior to my cracked screen I was unrooted.

Upvote 0
My google wallet shows version 1.1-R67-v4.

I had to send my phone out to repair a cracked glass so samsung did a factory reset afterwards. When I got my phone back, I unlocked and rooted my phone. Then I did a google restore. Restore automatically reinstalled google wallet. Shortly after, my notification bar showed an update to google wallet.

Here is where I thought I would get jacked. But it updated. The one difference I see now that I didn't see before was a message at the top of the wallet that says "unsupported device". Not sure if that has to do with rooting because the link to that message talks about rooting and prior to my cracked screen I was unrooted.

Yep, that is solely due to rooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones