• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Wallet prepaid card, loosing money?

Crashumbc

Android Expert
Apr 7, 2010
B'more
Just this morning I noticed my Google card on GW's balance at $8.00 instead of $10.00 balance.

I had got the Google free 10 dollars when I signed up and never used it since I have my citicard linked. I figured it was a nice safety net.

I double checked my history and no transactions. I'm wondering where my 2 dollars went... ?

Anyone else notice anything like this?

do i need special citibank paypass card for it?

They will convert your existing citi card to a paypass card, that is what they did for me...

As far as money missing, that is not good! Definitely would call Google Money, and find out what is going on. I didn't think there was allowed to be any sort of inactivity fee anymore, which is the only thing I can think of it being without a transaction...

Upvote 0
I just checked mine and saw the same thing. $6.

I called the number provided in the contact us link.
(855) 896-0693 - you will need your 16 digit user ID from the Google Wallet app.

The rep informed me that there is an "inactivity fee". If you have a balance and there is no activity for 6 months they assess a $2 charge.... and then if there is still no activity on the account they charge $2 every month thereafter. So my account was opened in December 2011..... they hit me with a $2 charge on 7/29 (6 months) and then again on August 4th (yes 6 days later).

What a load of crap.

Reactions: Crashumbc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones