1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Wallet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mjw913, Sep 19, 2011.

1. mjw913

mjw913 Newbie

Advertisement

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Android Expert

I think I missed something. My Stock ROM will work just fine it is an update that is needed to activate the NFC but it most likly will not be a ROM just an APP called (Google Wallet)

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Android Expert

4. cfraker69

cfraker69 Lurker

Has anyone else seen Google Wallet using a lot of their battery life? (even more than the display!)

I keep force stopping it with app manager as well as the Advanced Task Killer app, but it turns itself back on within a few minutes.

I've tried rebooting the phone and turning off NFC, but nothing seems to work.

Any advice/suggestions would be welcome.

5. horizontalz

horizontalz Lurker

Yes. Google Wallet was taking up 70% of my battery!!! For me, a restart did manage to get it off the battery usage culprits.

6. TCU34

TCU34 Lurker

Yes!! That is the main reason I joined this site was to ask about this! I just picked up my nexus S yesterday and while my battery still needs time to "break in" I did notice that google wallet was eating over 20% of my battery and I'm not even using it! I'd just assume not have it on my phone but it won't let you delete it.

I'm sure its only a matter of time before this becomes more of widespread issue.

7. nexusSMike

nexusSMike Newbie

Just used google wallet its amazing fast seems faster then my chase card and with google wallet I got a free $10 from em.

Tags: