1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Google Wallet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wardnkathy, Oct 26, 2014.

1. wardnkathy

wardnkathy Member

Does Google Wallet's tap and pay work with Virgin Mobile Volt? I have Google Wallet installed and have tried to use it twice with no success.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

It should. Works for me. Maybe the cashier didn't know how to charge it, that's usually the case with me. Did you have the app open when tapping?

3. aguba

aguba Well-Known Member

It's worked for me, though only at cashier stations in stores. I didn't even have to have the app open, just unlock and tap. I had trouble with vending machines equipped with NFC/card readers, although I think that that may have something to do with the fact that those NFC readers were ISIS Wallet (now Softcard) readers.

4. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

It worked for me on vending machines, but you have to use it often or open the app every once in a while, something about updates and staying connected to the interwebs or it'll fail when you try to make a payment. Found that out on a trip to Wisconsin, I tried buying a soda from the machines and it wouldn't let me, found out I had to open the app and it worked the rest of the time without opening it.

aguba likes this.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews