• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Wave freezing my phone.

2dot1

Mar 5, 2010
I got the message for Google Wave invite and i accessed the link in the email through the gmail app on my eris (2.1 v2 leak). The initial logging in was great, after that my phone freezes. I have already done two battery pulls.
From all the google wave users, does anyone have a similar problem ?? any workarounds for this ?

I have no idea how many google inivites i have in my account to give out... as i have not gone past the login screen. Please be patient with the invites.. i will hand out if i have any left. :rolleyes:

I think the Wave does not work on the native browser that came with eris (i am not sure about this, i am presuming things at this time) . I tried with dolphin browser and it listed Chrome, Safari and Firefox as the preferred browsers for accessing the wave.

I will close the thread by tomorrow unless someone has any suggestions.

Upvote 0
On Leo Laporte's TWIG podcast, in one of the last two week's shows,he was complaining about the lack of an official Wave app; he tried to access it via the browser on his N1 - after Gina Trapani told him it wouldn't work - and it froze his Nexus One. It sounds like typical behavior so far.

Reactions: 2dot1
Upvote 0
Try it once you get home. I'm not sure if a long Wave loads smoothly on any computer. It loads fastest on Chrome, but even then, it's slow.

I'm sure most of it is because Google hasn't given it full bandwidth and it is still in beta, but also the computer may determine it as well. My 2.0 Core 2 Duo loaded it even faster than my two year old desktop, but I'm sure a better processor, RAM, etc. is needed because of how much the site bloats up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones