1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Google widget searches returning "did not match any documents"

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by netarc, Oct 29, 2011.

1. netarc

netarc Newbie
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    A really weird problem's suddenly cropped up on my phone (Galaxy S2) ... the google widget suddenly stopped working for google searches, it's only causing the "Your search - <search text> - did not match any documents" to be returned?!?

The widget does cause the web browser to open (I'm using the default android browser) and populates the <search text> into the search box, but returns a total of 0 hits (although, in one case it returned "adword" hits, oddly, but nothing else).

But if I open up the browser myself, go to google and do a search on the same string, I see the full set of search results as one would expect.

I tried clearing the browser web cache, even rebooted the phone ... but nothing. If the item I'm searching in the widget is on the phone itself (app, contact, etc), the widget finds it, but if I launch a google search from the widget, I only get the "did not match" error above.

Advertisement

2. netarc

netarc Newbie
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    Attached are a couple of examples of web searches initiated from the google widget showing the problem...both of these are the result of entering the search text into the google widget and starting a web search. Again, if I open up a browser myself, go to google and search on the exact same text, I don't see the error and instead see the typical search results.

Attached Files:

3. viki412ag

viki412ag Lurker
    None

May 20, 2010
    I am experiencing the exact same problem as you have described. I have the Android Incredible though. Have you had any luck finding a resolution to this?

4. netarc

netarc Newbie
    None

Oct 16, 2011
    no, it just kinda started working for me suddenly :thinking:

5. netarc

netarc Newbie
    None

Oct 16, 2011
  6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Have you cleared data on it? Push your menu button > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > scroll to Google Search, Clear data.

7. WesTex

WesTex Lurker
    None

May 13, 2010
    I have cleared the cash and still have the same problem on my Motorola Droid.