1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Google

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gregg1100, Jan 14, 2013.

1. gregg1100

gregg1100 Android Enthusiast

Mar 8, 2012
    Female
    Retired
    South Wales
    Hi,
    How much aggro would it be to wipe out google on pc and phone and reinstall it from scratch.
    Over the years I have amassed loads of different passwords for google, as various bits and bobs were released. It has got to a point where I don't know where I am.
    I just want ONE Username and ONE password for google. I keep all passwords on a usb stick, away from the pc. I have sat here nearly all day with the S3 trying to sort out bloody google accounts. It has ended up with me not being able to get on the market( don't like playstore name), and no farther ahead.
    I can type in a password username combo on pc ok, then S3 will not accept the same CORRECT password and user details. Frustrating to hell.

I only really need a google account to get at Playstore I think- I can do without gmail, maps and all the other junk, I am just worried that if I wipe google account off phone, will there be a time gap before I can set up a new google account, so as to get into playstore.

It will be an iphone next for me,- never had any of this crap in the two years I had my 4. I will forget customisation and go for reliabilty, ease of use. I only went to an S3 because an iphone 5 was only

Advertisement

2. gregg1100

gregg1100 Android Enthusiast

Mar 8, 2012
    Female
    Retired
    South Wales
    Finally managed to get into google----still not sure how, but there anyway, now back to the phone I wanted. A very frustrating day. :)

3. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Glad you're set. Had your problem in reverse with iTunes. They changed the password requirements over the years, so I ended up with several and it was very hard to figure what to use when. My Google is, at least consistent. It helps that it's newer.

gregg1100 likes this.
  4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    on phone, i just added a new account in accounts and sync on the phone when i stupidly changed password n didnt wana reset the phone. turned off sync for the other one and was good to go. duno if dat helps :)

gregg1100 likes this.