1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

googled browser (no bing)!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nitsuj17, Oct 30, 2010.

1. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

saps likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. phonefiend

phonefiend Member

Thanks for posting, gonna try this out!

3. GoBruins

GoBruins Well-Known Member

Dilemma!!!! I use dolphin HD.... O_O_O_O

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

then it may not be worth flashing :)....personally i always use the stock browser on a phone (except bb i used bolt, ugh). just nice to get rid of that last trace of bing, especially in browser search for me

5. nader2013

nader2013 Android Enthusiast

Didn't work for me... Do I need to rename the old browser to .old first?

6. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

no, just flash it in clockwork and it will overwrite the fascinate browser with this one....are you referring to the soft search key though? you need the enhancedgoolesearch.apk from xda to write over that....this is just for browser search.

7. NOsquid

NOsquid Android Enthusiast

Nothing against the guys who spent their friday night making this work, but what is the appeal of the stock browser? Bing wasn't my main issue, I prefer xScope and I could also be happy with Dolphin if need be.

Just like to use stock Android stuff? Kind of the aosp spirit?

8. zeiroe

zeiroe Newbie

anyone do a search from within the browsers address bar? I still get the vzw bing search as the browsers search engine.

9. nader2013

nader2013 Android Enthusiast

Yea I am searching within the browser. I am having the same problem as zeiroe.

10. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

hmm, dont know what to tell ya guys :thinking: browser goes google for me on search.

edit: ah, apparently if you dont have a deodexed system you need to to remove (but rename it the old to .bak or .old) the browser.odex boot into cwr and wipe your cache (davlik cache maybe too? some poeple at xda think so)

11. zeiroe

zeiroe Newbie

Ahh there we go. There's a 2nd version for regular odexed /system on your xda boards link ... It's a zip installed with clockwork ... Now, I'm completely de-binged.

saps likes this.
  12. saps

saps Extreme Android User

Yup, I just put #2 om and its golden. Completely bing-less now :D

13. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

jts clean .4 also includes the mesmorize browser by default now, for those with issues :)

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews