• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Googlemail to Gmail

Yeah did find out the reset but didn't really wanna do that as I'm using Outlook 2010 and HTC Sync won't sync with it...luckily I've got Outlook 2007 on my other PC so will do that and reset the phone...bah!!

You dont need to reset if you do what I said. Just add the gmail version as a 2nd account to the phone and then untick the original googlemail account to get synced.

Upvote 0
I want to change back to googlemail (I think it's causing me problems), and Google says
No problem. You can change your address back to @googlemail.com by going to the "Accounts" tab under Gmail Settings and clicking the "Switch to@gmail.com?" link under "Send mail as:" (this link will only show up if you're eligible to change your address).
No link shows up, so why am I not eligible? Is there another way to change it?

Upvote 0
EDIT: changing to gmail stops you accessing the market.
Does it really matter as you can use the account as googlemail.com or gmail.com, both work on the same account. So the phone main address/id based on googlemail still functions. You could just sync contacts and calender on the main googlemail address and then add the gmail to the other email app.

Upvote 0
Does it really matter as you can use the account as googlemail.com or gmail.com, both work on the same account. So the phone main address/id based on googlemail still functions. You could just sync contacts and calender on the main googlemail address and then add the gmail to the other email app.
It does to me, because I found that I can't download from the App Market unless my primary email is googlemail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones