• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Googlemail???

fluffsri

Aug 11, 2011
I have just repplaced my SIM card. I didnt realise there would be anything stored on it as I have most things set to phone or SD. Anyway now I keep getting asked for my Googlemail password. I cant remember it and apprently I cant give enough info to Google to retrieve it:thinking:. Do I have to reset the phone or can I change the account somehow?

Thanks.

If you can't give Google enough info to retrieve your password your going to have to setup a new account and use that on the phone. However all paid for apps will now cease to work and you will in all likelihood be required to buy them again. Any contacts that were stored/synced with Google will also be lost and these will need to be manually re-entered.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones