• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google's evil plan

I mean I like it and really don't mind Google taking over the internet and giving the users more and more things to do.

I find a lot of Google's current features really nice like Instant Upload, Drive, and Docs...they are all really helpful to me on a daily basis and I can't wait to see what else google has to offer :)

Upvote 0
I do mind. Most of the stuff is totally boring unless informational like this site.

Why hang around online when I can go outside and photograph my own wildflowers, watch birds and chase the mulies out of the yard, watch clouds, predict my own weather, and create stuff with my own hands?

I have no compulsion to know what everyone else is doing, most of the movie plots were covered by Shakespeare, and what else is there? I don't video game except solitaire.

I can also go visit friends face to face.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
I do mind. Most of the stuff is totally boring unless informational like this site.

Why hang around online when I can go outside and photograph my own wildflowers, watch birds and chase the mulies out of the yard, watch clouds, predict my own weather, and create stuff with my own hands?

I have no compulsion to know what everyone else is doing, most of the movie plots were covered by Shakespeare, and what else is there? I don't video game except solitaire.

I can also go visit friends face to face.

Well said, that ^. And I agree 100%.

You must be old like me. :D

Upvote 0
If you don't learn something new, you stagnate. Google can be good for that. Seniors are being advised to exercise their brains. Everyone should.

I've always made my own entertainment. I have always read and have a house full of books. Google is extremely good for researching something. I just don't like the attitude that "it's on the internet, it must be true". The more you live vicariously, the more you tend to confuse fiction with reality. That bothers me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones