• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google's new logo "Google Evolved" Boot Animation

rayfin

Writer at Phandroid.com
Nov 18, 2011
www.google.com
Hey all, I made this in Bhoot real quick. There's a tiny issue where you can see a 1px line above the logo and below the logo but I think this is fine for now if you're looking to get your new Goog fix.

To install:

Method 1) manually replace bootanimation.zip
  1. (optional) Backup your existing boot animation by copying/system/media/bootanimation.zip elsewhere.
  2. Copy the downloaded file (bootanimation.zip) to /system/media on your device. You can either use adb push from your computer or use a root file explorer from your device.
  3. After you have copied the file ensure it's permissions are set to 0644.
  4. Reboot your device and enjoy your new boot animation.

Method 2) flash the flashable.zip via TWRP or CWM
  1. Copy the flashable zip file to your android device.
  2. Reboot your phone in to recovery mode (POWER + VOLUME UP/DOWN (depending on your device)).
  3. Click "Install", select the zip file and install.
Method 3) If you're using the CM Theme engine, install the APK.
  1. If you haven't already, copy the APK to your device and open it.
  2. CyanogenMod Theme Engine should detect a new theme has been installed and raise a notification.
  3. Click on the notification and a preview of the animation should appear. Check the "Boot Animation" checkbox and click "Apply".

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    13.2 MB · Views: 28,981
  • Google-Evolved-Bootanimation-Flashable.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,115
  • Google-Evolved-Bootanimation-CM-Theme-Engine.apk
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,951
Last edited:
I'll just leave this here because it's gorgeous to look at.
Ikbdtml.gif

Thanks for making the boot animation!

Upvote 0
Hey all, I made this in Bhoot real quick. There's a tiny issue where you can see a 1px line above the logo and below the logo but I think this is fine for now if you're looking to get your new Goog fix.

To install:

Method 1) manually replace bootanimation.zip
  1. (optional) Backup your existing boot animation by copying/system/media/bootanimation.zip elsewhere.
  2. Copy the downloaded file (bootanimation.zip) to /system/media on your device. You can either use adb push from your computer or use a root file explorer from your device.
  3. After you have copied the file ensure it's permissions are set to 0644.

Method 2) flash the flashable.zip via TWRP or CWM
  1. Copy the flashable zip file to your android device.
  2. Reboot your phone in to recovery mode (POWER + VOLUME UP/DOWN (depending on your device)).
  3. Click "Install", select the zip file and install.
Method 3) If you're using the CM Theme engine, install the APK.
  1. If you haven't already, copy the APK to your device and open it.
  2. CyanogenMod Theme Engine should detect a new theme has been installed and raise a notification.
  3. Click on the notification and a preview of the animation should appear. Check the "Boot Animation" checkbox and click "Apply".
It isn't working..... Flashing failed...Plz help

Reactions: alinoorhossainrana7
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones