• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Gorilla glass isn't much of a gorilla...

I got a scratch on the lcd glass of my atrix already. Never dropped, just pocketed with its own exclusive pocket.

It's bugging the hell out of me now, and I have no idea how it got there.

Any way of removing it/product suggestions?

Thanks

Some of the stick on style screen protectors will make them less noticeable. Sand (dirt) can still scratch the glass, so can some jewellery.

Upvote 0
Jeeze man, first thing I'd want to know is what actually scratched the srceen. The gorilla glass isn't perfect, but it is damn good compared to other types.

Scratches used to drive me nuts also. I have 2 kids under 2, so nothing bothers me anymore. Just happy to get 2 hours of sleep a night and not have my phone floating in the toilet.

They make models that float??!! Usually they're on the bottom, under other... stuff.:eek:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that. I just picked up mine and need to order a screen protector. I too have a dedicated pocket for everything. Cell and gum in right pocket. keys, lighter, and occasionally smokes in left pocket, wallet in back pocket. Ordered my case today, but still need to decide on a good screen protector. As far as fixing yours, it shouldnt be very hard/expensive to fix it on this phone, but i wouldnt know yet as i havnt had to do it yet. Good luck :D

Upvote 0
Okay, I'm finally dealing with the scratch...

I'm now interested in repairing it...

What about Liquid Lense, the eyeglass repair stuff? Fills scratches in with a very fine polish stuff? Would that work? Any detrimental effects?

What about toothpaste? Surely that's micro-abrasive enough... or would it just make the whole screen look glazed over?

Upvote 0
Okay, I'm finally dealing with the scratch...

I'm now interested in repairing it...

What about Liquid Lense, the eyeglass repair stuff? Fills scratches in with a very fine polish stuff? Would that work? Any detrimental effects?

What about toothpaste? Surely that's micro-abrasive enough... or would it just make the whole screen look glazed over?

I'd like to try one of these as well, there are a few scratches that are annoying me to death, did you have any luck?

Upvote 0
Dropped mine onto parking lot concrete getting out of my car today. 3 marks on the edges where the battery door meets the side of the phone, but the gorilla glass is still flawless.

The front face side definitely hit the ground as evidenced by the slight plastic chipping on the phone, but the glass is perfect and I've had the phone since launch.

Upvote 0
I've got this 5mm long scratch on my screen... I've been using a screen protector too. Its the antiglare one you can get from the att store. I know its impossible for you guys to know but from your experien es when you get a penetrating scratch on your screen protector does it usually affect the glass?

It won't affect the glass unless you take a utility blade and cut through the screen protector lol

chances are, your glass is fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones