• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Upvote 0
ALL ANDROID phones have GORILLA GLASS. I was told this by a Best Buy customer after buying my DROID 2 and discussing the DROID X about how thin it was and if he thought its screen would be susceptible to breaking. He replied to my question by informing me that ALL ANDROID phones have GORILLA GLASS on them.
I know my DROID 2 does and I have tested it. I dropped a pool cue on my screen and a cue ball from about 4 feet on my screen and it seems indestructible :) I LOVE GORILLA GLASS and ANDROID!!! :D

Upvote 0
ALL ANDROID phones have GORILLA GLASS. I was told this by a Best Buy customer after buying my DROID 2 and discussing the DROID X about how thin it was and if he thought its screen would be susceptible to breaking. He replied to my question by informing me that ALL ANDROID phones have GORILLA GLASS on them.
I know my DROID 2 does and I have tested it. I dropped a pool cue on my screen and a cue ball from about 4 feet on my screen and it seems indestructible :) I LOVE GORILLA GLASS and ANDROID!!! :D
really a cue ball....i dont have the stones for that test!!!!

Upvote 0

Two things, I can guarantee you not ALL android phones have gorilla glass, plus it is almost impossible for the screen to survive a cue ball being dropped on it from four feet. I have had to replace porcelain tile from the same thing.

So I am calling BS on this story till he shows video proof.

Reactions: rayn1328
Upvote 0
Yes a Cue Ball from 4 feet.. Very scared when I done it but I wanted to test my screen.. If you do not believe I will do it again soon and video it. The ball dropped hit the screen bounced maybe a inch off and landed on the screen again and did nothing to the screen.

And yes ALL HIGH END Android phones have GORILLA GLASS.

Upvote 0
Two things, I can guarantee you not ALL android phones have gorilla glass, plus it is almost impossible for the screen to survive a cue ball being dropped on it from four feet. I have had to replace porcelain tile from the same thing.

So I am calling BS on this story till he shows video proof.

Porcelain vs Gorilla Glass? I am positive Gorilla Glass is A LOT stronger than Porcelain.

Video Coming Soon

Upvote 0
Porcelain vs Gorilla Glass? I am positive Gorilla Glass is A LOT stronger than Porcelain.

Video Coming Soon

Porcelain Tile is denser the Granite tile and then installed with mortar onto a concrete floor it requires a hammer and chisel to remove... So I will put a Years Salary on the fact that the Tinsel strength of porcelain tile is much higher then Glass in any form.

Upvote 0
Ok NAZI tensel better? And one letter does not change the fact that the impact from a write ball can and will crack the glass.

I believe you mean WHITE ball aka the Cue Ball.

I will take your salary.

Because I am positive if I dropped a Piece of Gorilla Glass the SAME Thickness and Size as a Porcelain Tile from say 10 Feet that the More Damage would be done to the Tile and Little if ANY done to the Gorilla Glass.

How thick are your Porcelain Tiles? I would guess anywhere from one half inch to an inch and a half. Gorilla Glass at those dimensions would be STRONG.

Upvote 0
It's tensile strength. A property that doesn't apply here.

A pic's worth a thousand words:

6934-screen_super.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones