1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Gorilla glass??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by acithium, Dec 6, 2010.

1. acithium

acithium Active Member

Nov 23, 2009
    I noticed that the Samsung Galaxy S has gorilla glass, but I can't find anywhere that the nexus S has it. Does anybody have and insight on this?
    Also, I keep seeing that the Nexus one scores higher than the Samsung galaxy S when benchmarking with linpack. Why would Google base their next flagship on one that's "inferior" to their last one? I was waiting for this phone, but now I'm thinking of getting a nexus one since it 'seems' to out perform the Nexus S. I'm confused..
    Acithium

Advertisement

2. happy0506

happy0506 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    chicago
    join the crowd!

3. shrivelfig

shrivelfig Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Norway
    I don't think it's the hardware. It's well known that Samsung makes crappy drivers. And I can well believe that software made by Google performs better on Google-branded hardware.

4. acithium

acithium Active Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Ha, You don't have to tell me that. I own a Samsung I7500 which has to be THE worst android phone ever. I swore off Samsung after I bought this one, but if Google is going to back it, then I guess I can give them another try.

FYI, I read the review of the Nexus S over at techcrunch and they seemed REALLY impressed.

5. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Maintenance Repair
    Mesa, AZ
    After Samsungs HUGE mistake with the BH2 i completely swore off Samsung. So thats why i went to the HTC MyTouch series...much more solid phone...

6. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    the hummer is a better processor.

the nexus will will scream. My nexus one is fast but i'm under no illusions that it's even close to the nexus s.

It mostly has to do w/ the graphics though. Raw power may be similar. I'm pretty sure my nexus one doesn't have a dedicated gaming processor whereas the hummer has it built in.

it's better in every way. and i love my nexus one.

7. snuphiluphigus

snuphiluphigus Active Member

Sep 28, 2010
    IT
    Colorado
    Answer to original question, no the Nexus S does not have gorilla glass so be careful! I would highly recommend Zagg Invisible Shield or at the least some type of protective case.

Tags: