• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gorilla glass??

acithium

Nov 23, 2009
I noticed that the Samsung Galaxy S has gorilla glass, but I can't find anywhere that the nexus S has it. Does anybody have and insight on this?
Also, I keep seeing that the Nexus one scores higher than the Samsung galaxy S when benchmarking with linpack. Why would Google base their next flagship on one that's "inferior" to their last one? I was waiting for this phone, but now I'm thinking of getting a nexus one since it 'seems' to out perform the Nexus S. I'm confused..
Acithium

Also, I keep seeing that the Nexus one scores higher than the Samsung galaxy S when benchmarking with linpack. Why would Google base their next flagship on one that's "inferior" to their last one?

I don't think it's the hardware. It's well known that Samsung makes crappy drivers. And I can well believe that software made by Google performs better on Google-branded hardware.

Upvote 0
It's well known that Samsung makes crappy drivers

Ha, You don't have to tell me that. I own a Samsung I7500 which has to be THE worst android phone ever. I swore off Samsung after I bought this one, but if Google is going to back it, then I guess I can give them another try.

FYI, I read the review of the Nexus S over at techcrunch and they seemed REALLY impressed.

Upvote 0
the hummer is a better processor.

the nexus will will scream. My nexus one is fast but i'm under no illusions that it's even close to the nexus s.

It mostly has to do w/ the graphics though. Raw power may be similar. I'm pretty sure my nexus one doesn't have a dedicated gaming processor whereas the hummer has it built in.

it's better in every way. and i love my nexus one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones