1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support gosms and ozmail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by executor485, Jun 12, 2011.

1. executor485

executor485 Well-Known Member
    None

May 16, 2011
    Behind joo
    Alright, so I was thrilled with gosms until last weekend when it updated. After the update, every time I get an email it will pop up a "text" message from ozmail saying reply to stop, charges may apply.
    I finally figured out that (after replying and testing, etc) that gosms is to blame. I uninstalled it and no more stupid ozmail messages. The really strange thing, it wasnt actually a text message that it sent, it just gave the appearance that it was getting a text message.
    I tried the newest update too (6/10/11) and it still has the same issue. I had gosms installed for ~2 weeks prior to this with 0 issues, it all started with the update from last weekend. I'd like to use gosms, but I cant tollerate the messages, I get LOTS of emails all day and i dont want this stupid pop-up. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. potterdood

potterdood Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    Male
    Verizon Wireless Tech Support
    Anderson, SC
    I don't have gosms and I get those too and I replied stop and still got another 1. ???

3. tim adams

tim adams Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mine was doing same think but I couldn't uninstall go sms. I did a hard reset and it fix the problem. I did call Verizon and had the email to text blocked but it didn't help.
    Tim

4. executor485

None

May 16, 2011
    Behind joo
    I know it has to do with the system itself (I had the same call to Verizon and blocking anything did not work), maybe its just gosms that is showing the problem, but uninstalling it worked for me. The unfortunate part is that I didnt want to uninstall it, I actually did like the program :S

5. rdalev

rdalev Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    AMT
    Fayette, Ga.
    Ok.....received this text message :

OZMAIL
    CI=(gibberesh) MC=1 To stop these messagessimply reply to this one (charge may apply)

WTH ? I'm using Handcent SMS and really can't find out too much, on the web concerning "OZMAIL"...............any ideas out there. Don't want to reply until I know what I'm replying to !:thinking:

6. yehaww

yehaww Newbie
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    I'm having this problem too. But it only seems to happen every once in a while, not every time I get a message. Pretty annoying.

7. Bozz5384

Bozz5384 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 19, 2011
    My wife and I both got those gibberish messages and we don't have Handesent or GoSMS or any other things mentioned.

I replied with REMOVE. Hope they don't bang me for some ridiculous charges, I'll have to hunt some OZmail people down.

8. Fredwithanf

Fredwithanf Newbie
    None

May 11, 2010
    I'm really crossing my fingers that Go SMS is the culprit. I have NEVER gotten a text like this until now, but unfortunately I recently switched phones so I'm really not sure what may be behind the problems. I called Verizon and they put a premium SMS block on my line, but that did nothing.

9. urdaddi

urdaddi Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    West Florida

Well, I can tell you without a doubt that it is not neccessarily Go SMS. I got one of those texts yesterday on a Charge I got 4 days ago. I have never had Go SMS on any device.

I did a Googls search on it, and there does not seem to be any clear information on this. One of the common denominators is that there was a new device. As in my case, where I exchanged one device for a Droid Charge.

However....A lot of that information that I did see from that Google search tried to explain it away by saying it is caused by having a device with Mobile Mail on it (a feature phone) and upgrading to a smartphone.

I HAD a smartphone though...a Droid X....and changed to a Droid Charge.

The only common thing tha I see is VERIZON WIRELESS and that VZW really does not do anything to solve the issue that people seem to be having.

10. yehaww

yehaww Newbie
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    I was getting these for a while then they stopped. Now in the past 2 days I've gotten about 20 of them. Disabled texts from email and texts from web on the Verizon site. But apparently that doesn't help, from what I've read here.

This definitely started happening when I got GoSMS. Maybe it's time to delete it, although I'm reading that doesn't help either. I don't know what else to do.

11. yehaww

yehaww Newbie
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    Also for those saying to block the number, the Verizon site only allows you to block American numbers. The one with ozmail is 11-801-222-2357. I'm not even sure what that is.

12. jaycanter

jaycanter Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    mine has been doing the same ozmail is built into the charge software. i found it running in the background before anything was loaded on the phone. i spent a day fc ozmail and replying like verizon said. low and behold a week later the email program in the phone popped up and said i had email i havn't seen the program since i first set it up. i use gmail and the text came back right after the email came up. the email i had gmail, hotmail, & a comcast account loaded into and i believe it has something to do with the 2 accounts instead of alerting like gmail does it sends a ozmail for the other accounts. cause it don't work right. when i go into the stock program it ask me to set up accounts and i already set 3 in there several weeks ago

13. yehaww

yehaww Newbie
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    Uninstalled GoSms last night and nothing so far.

14. Fredwithanf

Fredwithanf Newbie
    None

May 11, 2010
    I haven't gotten one since I uninstalled GO SMS.

15. executor485

None

May 16, 2011
    Behind joo
    A 'fix' that worked for me was to uninstall gosms then go to the sd card and delete the gosms folder. Then reinstall. Every once in a while it may pop up but that seemed to work for me.

16. jneusch

jneusch Newbie
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Omaha
    I am not using GOSMS any longer, but after the update I started getting the Ozmail texts too. GOSMS has a blacklist feature in its settings. I blacklisted the number from ozmail and they stopped coming.

17. Escapist26

Escapist26 Lurker
    None

May 16, 2011
    Hey all,

I had it the opposite. I was getting tons of OZMAIL texts from the regular text messenger. Once I switched to GOSMS and blocked that number they stopped coming. I'm not sure if this was what finally stopped it , or it's possible that once you text back for them to stop it takes a week or 2(I had read this somewhere. Hope this helps. Can't wait for GB!

18. yehaww

yehaww Newbie
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    Dropped GoSms a few days ago and haven't gotten anything for 3 or 4 days. Seemed to solve the problem for me.

19. stueycaster

stueycaster Well-Known Member
    None

May 28, 2011
    I still use GoSMS and I haven't received the Ozmail text since I blacklisted the number 2 days ago.

20. rdalev

rdalev Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 15, 2009
    AMT
    Fayette, Ga.
    Err..............explain blacklisted ?:thinking:

21. stueycaster

None

May 28, 2011
    GoSMS->Settings->Security Settings->Manage blacklist->Add->You'll have to manually add the number.

Like I said I haven't received the text since I did this.

22. audiored

audiored Newbie
    None

Jul 11, 2011
    I've never downloaded GoSMS or this Ozmail thing. Never heard of either until I found this thread.

Why else would I be getting this txt? I probably get at last 1 a day.

23. stueycaster

None

May 28, 2011
    Maybe GoSMS would be worthwhile if only for the Blacklist feature. I can't find anything similar in the stock messaging app settings.

24. executor485

None

May 16, 2011
    Behind joo
    As horrible as this may be, have you done a full factory reset on the phone yet?
    Typically I get the text when I get an email. And apparently it's not every time, its just sometimes now. Very confusing.
    And the blacklist seems to work for some, but I'm still getting some random ones sometimes. :S

If you've got problems with unwanted texts, for sure... I typically dont have that problem though (save for this ozmail crap)

25. anuknowthis

anuknowthis Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    I've found that Pansi SMS triggers OZMAIL also. I have uninstalled both GOSMS and Pansi and no more alerts...but I did like Go.:(