1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

GoSmS customization query

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Eighty80, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Eighty80

Eighty80 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Canada
    So after browsing the well organized 'best of x app' thread i decided to try downloading GoSms to give it a go.

so far so good, however i have one complaint/question. the out of the box message service has a nice little tab that shows up over the lock screen when i recieve a message - i LOVED this.

is there anyway to enable this ability with Gosms? (does Handcent do this? i would switch in a second if it does.)

it is literally the only functionality missing and i really dont wanna have to revert to default after discovering this wonderful app.

thank you in advance, this forum is a amazing resource!

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Both GO SMS and Handcent supports those. Go to the notification settings and enable pop ups. (Can't check on my device the exact menu path as its just booting up as the battery died. LOL)

3. Eighty80

Eighty80 Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2012
    Canada
    maybe its a phone issue (using the galaxy s2), the screen lights up and theres a little green message in the top status bar, but i was hoping for the 'physical tab' that you could slide across the screen (the same as the one that pops up when you recieve a phone call, it shows up ontop of the lock screen.

otherwise nothing in the status about above lockscreen tabs or whatever haha. i am looking thru youtube for some sort of setup menu

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    menu>settings>advanced tab>notification settings>enable popup windows