• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GoSMS mixing up contacts

actofgod

Apr 27, 2010
NY
Ok, this is going to end up getting me in trouble...the past couple days my GoSMs has been mixing up who has been sending me texts. For example, if my friend Chris texts me it shows up as my friend Jenn.

It switches everything over, picture, name, number. There's no way to tell the mistake unless you open the stock Android messaging program.

I did an uninstall and re, and it fixed it but this is the second time in two days I have had to. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Exact same issue using Chompsms. On one of the other forums, identical thread from totally different peeps. Issue ISN'T just on Chompsms, Handcent, or stock on the Nexus. The member who started THAT thread said it was happening right then with him and two coworkers....him having a GNex, the other two...Bionics. Verizon issue???

Upvote 0
I just had a glorified mess on GoSMS. I texted my girlfriend amy "have fun!", a friend hannah responds with "?"; I send back to hannah "?" not understanding what was happening yet. Then my friend dillon texts me "what?" My message to my g/f went to hannah and then my real message to hannah in response to her "?" went to dillon. this is beyond annoying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones