1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GoSMS mixing up contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by actofgod, Dec 20, 2011.

1. actofgod

actofgod Well-Known Member

Ok, this is going to end up getting me in trouble...the past couple days my GoSMs has been mixing up who has been sending me texts. For example, if my friend Chris texts me it shows up as my friend Jenn.

It switches everything over, picture, name, number. There's no way to tell the mistake unless you open the stock Android messaging program.

I did an uninstall and re, and it fixed it but this is the second time in two days I have had to. Has anyone else dealt with this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. wickets

wickets Newbie

Mine is doing the same thing......but im using stock app and or handcent....something is very wrong and as you say can cause major trouble:mad:

3. actofgod

This needs to be addressed ASAP, like yesterday.

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

The stock app itself is doing this?

5. snuggles

snuggles Android Enthusiast

I have the same problem with Handcent and GO SMS

6. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

I noticed the other day that Go SMS was updated. So far, I've had no issues with the new version.

7. snuggles

I downlosded it Christmas day and had problems that day. I'm not having any luck with Hancent or Go SMS.

8. snuggles

Anybody still having issues with Handcent or Go SMS?

9. evrafter

evrafter Newbie

Exact same issue using Chompsms. On one of the other forums, identical thread from totally different peeps. Issue ISN'T just on Chompsms, Handcent, or stock on the Nexus. The member who started THAT thread said it was happening right then with him and two coworkers....him having a GNex, the other two...Bionics. Verizon issue???

10. snuggles

Any other options because the stock SMS sucks!

11. mburdick

mburdick Newbie

I just had a glorified mess on GoSMS. I texted my girlfriend amy "have fun!", a friend hannah responds with "?"; I send back to hannah "?" not understanding what was happening yet. Then my friend dillon texts me "what?" My message to my g/f went to hannah and then my real message to hannah in response to her "?" went to dillon. this is beyond annoying.

12. snuggles

13. snuggles

Ok, I tried to download and give Go SMS a try again but no luck!!!!

I sent a text to person "A" and it shows I sent the message to person "B", WTF!!!!

I know most people are NOT using the stock SMS so what gives???

14. allen2oo3

allen2oo3 Well-Known Member

Handcent is having the same problem. i literally sent "merry christmas slut" to my 50+ year old female supervisor. even though i hate the stock app, ive been using it ever since...not worth the risk

15. actofgod

not even a response from the developer to the issue, weak sauce

16. snuggles

17. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I decided to stick to stock SMS as much as I love GoSMS... not worth taking the risk. Hopefully the developer fixes the issue soon... they are extremely active in updating their apps.

18. actofgod

Any updates on this?

19. actofgod

Bump for info, is the contact mixup still going on? I can't risk those sort of shenanigans!

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews