1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

GoSMS - NoLED and Sending text to wrong person

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hammerpgh, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Member

Hi all,

Just started using GoSMS Pro and really do find it an excellent messaging app. So much more powerful than the stock app (although there's nothing particular wrong with that, just wanted something with a bit more to it).

However, I have a couple of things I wonder if anyone can answer for me:-

1) Sending texts to the wrong contact. Has anybody experienced this? Initially I thought it was something only happening with GoSMS but having read through some stuff about it it appears it was an Android problem. Is it still apparent or was the problem fixed. Really would be a problem if texts starting going to the wrong person!!

2) As there is no LED indicator on the SG II I started using NoLED a while ago and have found it to be excellent. However, since installing GoSMS the lights no longer comes on when I receie a text. Any idea how to get them working again? I haven't managed to find any setting that enables it again.

Thanks for all and any help.

Advertisement

2. uktivo

uktivo Well-Known Member

Go sms apparently use the highest interrupt setting possible within the program. This isn't good practise to do and as such it clashes with other programs that need to see the information also. I believe the problem you are seeing with non led is being caused by this bad programming practise. I suggest you look at handcent sms which I believe works fine

3. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Member

Thanks for the reply uktivo.

Main reason I chose GoSMS over Handcent was because I found far more people seemed to have problems with Handcent that GoSMS. Also am I right in assuming that Handcent has ads?

Another reason for GoSMS is that I like it's privacy feature whereby texts from a speciified contact can go straight to a private box and are not viewable by anybody who doesn't have the password. Does Handcent have this feature. I know it has a private box function but can't see if it is an automatic process to have texts go straight to it.

4. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Hancent seems to have a few more features than GO SMS (eg. contacts pictures in conversations, option to confirm after send key pressed), but I prefer the look+feel of GO SMS.

The only thing that stops me using either is only the stock messaging app actually adds its sent/received messages to the call logs screen. Neither Handcent nor GO SMS adds to this log which I find baffling.

5. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Member

Must admit I hadn't noticed that about the mesages not getting logged. Thats something to raise with the developers for an update perhaps.
    With regard to pictures I get contacts pictures against the persopn I am texting with GoSMS.

6. shaunydub

shaunydub Well-Known Member

I use GoSms and NOLED and have never had any issues.
    Installed both and worked fine right off the bat.
    Only changes I did were to change colours on NOLED :)

7. Dieselbud

Dieselbud Well-Known Member

To get NoLed to work to with goSMS, you need to open the NoLed app and (first make sure it is ON, trust me, people miss this)

Then go to MONITORED APPS and scroll down to goSMS and check that box.

The notification icon will NOT be the envelope text icon, but a little red square. If you do not care for that, you can go back into the noLed app and choose ICONS. Place a check mark next to the OTHERS ICON and when you get a new text message, the icon is actually the little goSMS icon! (so cute ;) )

I have only been using the 2 together for a few days and do not really get a whole lot of text messages, but so far this is working well.

Hammerpgh likes this.
  8. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Member

Thanks for that tipDieselbud, that worked and I now get the notifications on screen :)

However, one thing that I now find is that the message popup screenwhere I can quickly look at the incoming text message no longers pops up NoLED is preventing this somehow. It's definitely NoLED as if I switch it off the popup starts working again.

Any idea's on that one?