• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GoSMS Picture Problem on ICS

xbroogw1

Aug 7, 2011
Since updating to ICS, GoSMS pro is not displaying my contacts pictures. The stock message app displays the contacts, but GoSMS pro does not. I have checked in the settings and the display contacts' facebook avatars in message view is ticked.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, did you fix it and how?

Thanks.

I don't have any contacts on my phone or SIM. They are all on my Google account. Seems like lots of people are having this problem. Someone suggusted this:

"I wiped my facebook app data, then used titanium backup to uninstall the app. I reinstalled the app via google play and synced all contacts and the problem was fixed."

I have not tried this yet though.

Upvote 0
I was initially having this issue but now it's fixed. I may not be able to point out the exact solution as i keep tinkering but the following might help you.

• Update the goSMS app to the latest version.
  • Merge duplicate contacts on your google contacts (via gmail contacts).
  • Merge duplicate contacts on the phone (i.e. same contact duplicated by FB, LinkedIn, Google, etc)

I also use this app for most of my contacts pics, maybe this can solve the issue too.
SyncMyPix

It's a free app to sync your contacts pictures with their FB profile photos, but let me tell you in advance that it's not a perfect app and makes mistakes on recognizing contacts.

Upvote 0
I contacted them from within the goSMS app.

Launch the app -> press options menu -> more tab -> feedback -> for questions, email us

A compose option will pop up, some info will be pre added in the mail (no need to delete that it's anonymous and helps identifying the device), add some text below it about the problem since ICS update and send :)

Reactions: xbroogw1
Upvote 0
i have encountered this. here's the catch. you have your SIM numbers, PHONE numbers, GOOGLE numbers. . .all of those 3 types MUST be sync, i mean in order for your contacts to be updated.. (right?) BUT, the problem is, EVEN if you use OR display ONLY GOOGLE OR PHONE or SIM contacts, still when you search for a contact, the 3 items would still be displayed.

eg. i CHOSE the "contacts to display" --> PHONE

since my PHONE contacts and SIM contacts are in SYNC, the results upon typing any of my contact would be :

contact name1
contact name1 (then the sim image)

NOW, since the 2 are identical, even if you place a PHOTO on your CONTACT (im sure it will be on phone type since the SIM contact could not handle photo) , upon opening GOSMS, the PICTURE would Still not appear. . WHY?? because i believe, GOSms' own contact list displays BOTH the PHONE and SIM.

so GoSMS' would be confused on "what" contact type did you placed the PHOTO. . .

remedy :

SIM contact names AS IS.

THEN

just DISPLAY PHONE CONTACTS

your contact name1 must be re named, to contact name_1 (sample)

in this case, you have the same CONTACT number BUT saved in different name.

by the time you placed a picture on the PHONE CONTACT : contact name_1, GOSMs would display the picture.

not sure with GOOGLE contacts. have not tried synching them with PHONE + SIM

Upvote 0
Got this message back from the Go Team today:

"Dear user, GO SMS Dev team has received your feedback and record it, the follow-up tests will be resolved as soon as possible, thank you for your supports!"

Looks like they are looking into it. Let's hope they can fix the problem.

Hey they did not reply to my mail :(

Anyways, good to see that they are working on it. :)

Upvote 0
I'm also only have Google contacts that are often linked to Facebook contacts.
I've tried the syncmypix app and still no pics are shown in Go Sms.
I've also already sent a message to Go Sms but still no reply...
Assigning a picture manually to a contact directly on the phone works but I'm not planning to do that manually for all my contacts (500)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones