• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Got a My Touch 4G today

I picked mine up on release date as well... coming from a Nexus One it was a difficult decision when to get a new phone. It was almost a coin toss to buy another Nexus One but it was tough to justify buying a year old technology. Even after a year the Nexus One is still an outstanding phone!
That said, I pulled the trigger and have been extremely pleased. Feel, design, apps and of course speed make it a outstanding and an easy upgrade from the Nexus. It is like I've owned this phone for a year.
I'm not super fond of not having stock Froyo (although I ran Cyanogen on my Nexus and likely will again when it's out) and am having exchange server issues with my mail (I am not able to send with the stock mail application so I had to use Touchdown and it works flawlessly).
I have yet to use the front camera for video chat or the Tversity for media beaming but it's on the list.
I can't imagine how fast this "phone" would be if it was released with the dual core that was rumored months back.
Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
i got mine on release day and it is not laggy at all.. i'd be shocked if it takes 4+ seconds to do anything =\ .. maybe try a factory reset?

i'm still loving this phone and would say that it is one of my favorite things that i own =)
Im about to try the hard reset, if its still the same then it will be just like my last 4 android phones, 3 replacements till the give me a different one

Upvote 0
IMO the MT4G and Evo 4G are the two best devices on the market. I've had a plum MT4G since release date and I've been pleasantly surprised at how good of a device it is. Everything just works. I had the G2 and MT4G at the same time for about a month and had to give up the G2, the MT4G was just better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones