1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Got a new bionic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bionic2, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Bionic2

Bionic2 Newbie
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    Took my problematic phone back to the vzw store here I bought it and they gave me a brand new phone. I have been going back and forth With customer service for months regarding the problems I have been having. I will be interested to see if this new phone has the same issues as the old one. If it does than I am done with Motorola. The last three months has been a nightmare with this device!

Advertisement

2. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    OK.

There are problems and there are problems.

You apparently wanted to address some of them or you would not have left that message.

What seems to be wrong? What are you doing about it? How involved do you want to be?

If the issue is network outages ... there is nothing you can do about it but wait. If you can't wait then you should get a non 3G/4G device. They will go on for a while longer. (My guess is 2-3 months but that is a guess.)

So ... what's the problem?

... Thom

3. Bionic2

Bionic2 Newbie
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    I was having horrible data outages since I got the phone. I was also having lots of dropped calls. Sine I factory reset a week ago my call quality went down a lot. I have had most of my calls in the last week very choppy. At first I thought it was the connection but I has been on most of my calls. I don't have high hopes for the new phone but I am hopeful!

4. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    The data drops are an ongoing problem. There were some software tweaks needed and some were provided in a system update 5.5.893. Do you have it installed.

The voice call problems are unusual. This is known to be the strong suit in Motorola phones.

Do you have friends in the area who are using Verizon? Are they having the same problems with dropped calls that you are? Are they on 3G/4G or 3G only?

Did you get a new SIM card with the new phone?

Pull off the back, pull out the battery ... verify the SD-Ext and SIM cards are firmly and squarely seated.

Are you using a case for the Bionic? Are you using a screen protector? (as the manual says even a clear screen protector can mess up the sensor in the front of the screen).

So ... suggestions ...

Verify that you are on 5.5.893.
    Check SD-Ext and SIM cards for proper connection.
    Get a new SIM card (takes a minute in the store).
    Talk to others to see what's up.

It is pretty common to hear someone in this forum say they went into their Verizon store and gave THEM information.

Summary ... dropped data = known problem ... dropped calls = something is wrong.

... Thom

mikefla likes this.