1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Got a new Evo with 2.2 OOB. Am I boned?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

So I used the Evo for a while, go tbored and went back to my MOment, and just picked a new one up again. Went to browse though it here but much to my dismay, 2.2 cannot be rooted.

So am I just boned? Did I miss a thread anywhere perhaps that explains how to do it? Is it possible to downgrade back to 2.1, then upgrade from there to 2.2 rooted?

TIA.

**EDIT** Nevermind. Damnit. Searched somemore and answeree my own question. Can;t downgrade. Can't even delete my own pointless thread, lol.

2. IRepTheKing

IRepTheKing Newbie

Join the sad masses... :( I'm waiting for an exploit to root 2.2, also...

3. exBBuser

exBBuser Android Expert

Another one bites the dust!

4. cabbie

cabbie Android Expert

ive raised an eyebrow that 2.2 hasn't been hacked yet. usually something promising is in the works at this point.

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

I'm still betting an exploit will be announced before the end of this month.

6. skunkd

skunkd Member

2.2 on the droid has been rooted for over a week now, someone will find an exploit on the evo eventually. but til then we wait impatiently!!

7. ep3n3wp

ep3n3wp Well-Known Member

Damn it.. i hate waiting though... Lol.. It will be worth waiting for though..

Will definitely give plenty of reading time...
    Best way to look at it

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews