• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Got a new Evo with 2.2 OOB. Am I boned?

D

Deleted User

So I used the Evo for a while, go tbored and went back to my MOment, and just picked a new one up again. Went to browse though it here but much to my dismay, 2.2 cannot be rooted.

So am I just boned? Did I miss a thread anywhere perhaps that explains how to do it? Is it possible to downgrade back to 2.1, then upgrade from there to 2.2 rooted?

TIA.

**EDIT** Nevermind. Damnit. Searched somemore and answeree my own question. Can;t downgrade. Can't even delete my own pointless thread, lol.

So I used the Evo for a while, go tbored and went back to my MOment, and just picked a new one up again. Went to browse though it here but much to my dismay, 2.2 cannot be rooted.

So am I just boned? Did I miss a thread anywhere perhaps that explains how to do it? Is it possible to downgrade back to 2.1, then upgrade from there to 2.2 rooted?

TIA.

**EDIT** Nevermind. Damnit. Searched somemore and answeree my own question. Can;t downgrade. Can't even delete my own pointless thread, lol.

Join the sad masses... :( I'm waiting for an exploit to root 2.2, also...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones