1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Got a new Incredible, facing some problems with it.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by StickeeRice, Feb 24, 2011.

1. StickeeRice

StickeeRice Lurker

Coming from the D1, my phone was starting to lag up and become really annoying so I decided to get an upgrade. I'm not a fan of the big screens, and got tired of my D1 keyboard so why not the Incredible, right? So far, I'm pleased with the performance, but one thing has been bugging me.

My "Android System" has been using a large portion of my battery. I purchased the extended battery with the phone, and it's awfully embarrassing when someone with a regular 1300mAh Incredible battery lasts longer then mines. The first day I bought it and had everything together it was pretty good, 16 hours with still half the battery left. Now today, I barely got through the day. My Android System seems to always be about 50/60%, sometimes even hitting the range of the 90s. I've downloaded Spare Parts and tried to see what was hogging up so much battery, and it says my sensors for Android System is running 90% of the time.

I did a factory reset and the problems persist. My auto-brightness and auto-rotate is off. What could be causing this?

Advertisement

2. pipnmike

pipnmike Newbie

Hmmm, try disabling "always-on mobile data". Also, if you have auto-sync turned on and there are apps that you have set to refresh often, that would kill battery too. Of course, there is a chance of a rogue app that doesn't go to sleep in the background. If the above settings do not help, try going into apps that you have downloaded and check their sync settings