1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Got a speaker/sound issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TXSNAFU, Feb 22, 2011.

1. TXSNAFU

TXSNAFU Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Got my Inspire Saturday. I've noticed that most of the sound (except when on a call) is coming from the rear speaker or the mic for the camera. Is that right? Does everyone elses phone do that? I've tried all the equalizer settings and still the same. It makes it seem like there's not as much volume on the Inspire as on past phones. If I listen to music or other apps with the phone face down there's plenty of volume for my taste but from the screen side it's hard to hear.

Advertisement

2. RyanOC

RyanOC Lurker
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    I think thats the only speaker. Mine sounds crappy too. This phone will not be know for its great speaker sound thats for sure. Everything else is great in my opinion though.

Ryan

3. onelownismo

onelownismo Newbie
    None

Feb 13, 2011
    Yeah definitely my only gripe with this phone

4. TXSNAFU

TXSNAFU Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Thanks. Thought I might have gotten a bad phone. Hopefully someone will figure out how to rechannel the sound to the front.

5. TXSNAFU

TXSNAFU Lurker
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    I sent a message to HTC support about this issue. Here's the reply I was sent from one of their techs:

"I understand the importance of being able to hear your device properly. With the way you have described the device, it sounds as if the device is functioning as intended. The front speaker is meant for in-call volume where the main speaker (on the back) is used for almost all sounds the device makes. While playing certain types of media, i.e. music, you can try pressing the Volume Up key to increase the Media Volume. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced due to this."

6. Frannieland

Frannieland Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    I am having a sound issue with my HTC Inspire from ATT. If I receive a phone call when using my music player then go back to listening to music, it sounds very high pitched, scratchy, and "draggy". This has happened twice. It does not happen when using Pandora. The music volume mutes itself when the phone call comes in so I do not push pause on either program.

The only fix is taking out the battery then restarting and we all know how much of a pain taking off and replacing that battery cover is. Any suggestions?

7. LittleAnt

LittleAnt Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    Aerospace Engineer
    Los Angeles, CA

exchange your phone for a new one!