1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Got a Super Idea, At least I think so

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by xenotype, Feb 24, 2011.

1. xenotype

xenotype Newbie
    None

Jan 25, 2011
    In one word, Ventrilo.

Some may be familiar with the program, others may not be. It is a VOIP communication software. The best part being is that Ventriloid is available, an android client to access Ventrilo servers.

For those unfamiliar with the software I will give a quick overview. Basically you are able to connect to a static server after inputing hostname address and port informantion which allows you to talk in realtime to anyone else connected to the same server.

I have found this forum very useful and I know many others have. I have noticed a lot of people are online quite freqently and I was thinking that if people are already online, idling in ventrilo would also be possible, we could create a way to communicate with each other in realtime.

This could help with questions and development in addition to just being a place to hang out and talk to each other.

The catch is that ventrilo servers cost money every month. If there is significant interest in this I will volunteer to pay for the first 2 months and if it takes off, I'm sure people would be happy to make donations to keep it going.

Let me know what you think.

Here are some links:

Ventrilo - Surround Sound Voice Communication Software - PC and Mac clients available here

Ventriloid - Android Application on the Android market -android client available here

Advertisement

2. n1q

n1q Newbie
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Sounds great. I'll test it on my HTC Desire.

3. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    Sounds like a good idea to me. You could also host your own vent server if you have the bandwidth. I'd do it, but my connection would get throttled so fast it isn't funny.