• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root got all files now just need some help

ducky1979

Android Expert
Dec 16, 2010
Buxton, Derbyshire
right i have all the files needed to flash ie- unrevoked, cyanogen 6.11, google addons, dark tremor, now what i need to know is this, when i have rooted then made a backup, i then need to backup my sd card so i dont lose my back up ( using titanium backup) then i can flash cyanogen and google addons, then i can flash dark tremor, but this is where im falling flat, what/how does dark tremor work, will it give me an app to create the partition or does it put something into the recovery???
i am so close to rooting just need to get some balls!!! lolroot

You're one of the best, most helpful members here, SUroot.

But if your PM is in response to the OP's question, I'm wondering if you'd be willing to share the info with the forums by posting it in this thread.

If it's about a date or something, never mind. :D

I think its good idea not to give the entire answer on a plate, it helps teach how to learn.

EDIT: I'm free tonight.

Upvote 0
Lol, I don't think you will make it to Leeds tonight. Ha ha, I agree though, doing is the best way to learn, but when it involves an expensive piece of kit I like to know what I'm doing. I was saying to SUroot earlier in one of elusive pm sessions that I have already managed to drop my phone in water, but I managed to get it dried and working again, but I gave been told the phones contain a water inricator, so as mine has been wet I'm guessing my warranty will be void in any case, so I'm gonna root anyway, its just a bit of and scary process, I've done it on my Samsung jet ages ago, so I'm confident. I'll post when I've done the root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones