• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Got an HTC 1500mah battery today.

I got my OEM TP2 battery off eBay for $12.99 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OEM-BATTERY...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item255a02a095

I'm seeing a good increase in battery life, though my battery life was pretty OK before as well.

I should also point out that all of this "power cycling" stuff has little to do with ACTUAL battery life and everything to do with CALIBRATING the chip inside the battery so that it can accurately display/predict its charge level. Lithium Ion batteries DO NOT HAVE MEMORY.

If you don't do the power cycle, your real battery life will not be affected, but your battery indicator will take longer to give you an accurate reading (so you may THINK you are running very low on battery when you are not that low). I'm actually curious as to how many people who are complaining of bad battery life have actually had the phone die, or if they are just complaining about the percentage the software is telling them. It would be an interesting experiment.

Reactions: felkdogg
Upvote 0
I picked up one here for $16.99 & free shipping:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Pro2 Genuine OEM Lithium Ion Standard Battery

Just got it today and appears to be the real deal. I am charging it now...
Thanks for the link, I just ordered two of these (I have a desktop charger for them in my old Droid Eris desktop cradle). Always nice to have spare batteries in the car and my briefcase.

Though, I actually haven't had an issue with the stock battery. Just being safe after all the battery issues I had with my Eris.

Upvote 0
I got my OEM TP2 battery off eBay for $12.99 shipped.

NEW OEM BATTERY HTC HERO IMAGIO SNAP TOUCH PRO2 TILT2 - eBay (item 160423911573 end time May-14-10 17:06:13 PDT)

I'm seeing a good increase in battery life, though my battery life was pretty OK before as well.

I should also point out that all of this "power cycling" stuff has little to do with ACTUAL battery life and everything to do with CALIBRATING the chip inside the battery so that it can accurately display/predict its charge level. Lithium Ion batteries DO NOT HAVE MEMORY.

If you don't do the power cycle, your real battery life will not be affected, but your battery indicator will take longer to give you an accurate reading (so you may THINK you are running very low on battery when you are not that low). I'm actually curious as to how many people who are complaining of bad battery life have actually had the phone die, or if they are just complaining about the percentage the software is telling them. It would be an interesting experiment.

Yep, I was wonderng the same thing so I gave it a try. I ignored the %indicator and waited for it to die. I take it off the charger at 7am when I get up, and use it like a smart phone. Texting throughout the day, an occasional hop on the web for a few minutes, minimal voice (I don't really want to actually talk to the people I contact ;) )....I'd probably categorize it as heavy use though rather than moderate. At 1:45pm it totally died. Doornail dead. I understand smartphones use more battery. That's normal. I've used smartphones since HTC put out their first windows mobile phone years ago. I carried 2 extra batteries for that one to get through the day. But the technology now is vastly different. Using the phone as it is intended should still have a power source that gets you through the workday.

Upvote 0
Wow, that's no good! I wonder if there is something defective. I've been able to get about a day and a half on mine with some heavy web use + 15-20 emails + 10 texts + youtube + calls (maybe 1.5 hours of actual talking). That was with the stock battery. I've never fallen under 10%.

Try the TP2 battery if you haven't already and see if your results improve. If they improve DRAMATICALLY, then maybe you've got a defective stock battery? If you see no improvement, maybe it's the phone? I don't know! The dos/don'ts/tips/tricks for batteries are a damn mystery and no one can seem to agree.

"Don't do what Donny Don't does."

Upvote 0
Yep, I was wonderng the same thing so I gave it a try. I ignored the %indicator and waited for it to die. I take it off the charger at 7am when I get up, and use it like a smart phone. Texting throughout the day, an occasional hop on the web for a few minutes, minimal voice (I don't really want to actually talk to the people I contact ;) )....I'd probably categorize it as heavy use though rather than moderate. At 1:45pm it totally died. Doornail dead. I understand smartphones use more battery. That's normal. I've used smartphones since HTC put out their first windows mobile phone years ago. I carried 2 extra batteries for that one to get through the day. But the technology now is vastly different. Using the phone as it is intended should still have a power source that gets you through the workday.

Honestly if it's dying that quick on you with the stock battery you need to get the 2150 from Verizon or the 3500 from seidio when they're released. Even with the 1500tp2 battery you're only gonna make it an extra 2hours if that

Upvote 0

If it's this bad, I would think something is keeping your phone awake. I'd use Spare Parts to check partial wake usage.

Not saying bad batteries/phones don't exist, just suggesting to check something out if you haven't already. :)

Upvote 0
I am using a 1500mAh Imagio battery and I have noticed a measurable increase in battery life.

I use an app called 'Battery Graph' and it displays charge percentage over time in a clean line graph.
I compared several days of typical use with the 1300mAh to the 1500mAh and measured approx. 40 minutes of increased available usage time with the 1500mAh battery.

That's my semi-scientific results between the two.

Reactions: wonderbread
Upvote 0
I am using a 1500mAh Imagio battery and I have noticed a measurable increase in battery life.

I use an app called 'Battery Graph' and it displays charge percentage over time in a clean line graph.
I compared several days of typical use with the 1300mAh to the 1500mAh and measured approx. 40 minutes of increased available usage time with the 1500mAh battery.

That's my semi-scientific results between the two.

Hmm. I've noticed at least a 2 hour bump in actual useage availability with the HTC Imagio 1500 mah battery, compared to stock.

Upvote 0
The tp2 battery is much cheaper. that's why I want to know how fits.

It's the exact same battery as the TP2 one, except it's red and costs $10 more. Enlarge both back pictures of the TP2 battery and the INC battery on that site and you can see they have the same specs and model #. The UPC is different as the TP2 ends with -11M and the INC ends with -22M which is probably just the color variance.

Upvote 0
The HTC INC and TP2 1500 mAh battery will fit without a new back.

From the site above under the INC battery.

"You will not need an extra capacity battery cover for this battery. It is the same size as the standard battery, but with extra 200mAh."

The 1750 mAh
Seidio I believe will fit without an extended door as well.

Upvote 0
is there a 2150 battery that will fit without a new battery door?
also does anyone know how much larger the phone becomes with a new battery door?
if you can tell me a number of mm larger then stock and how big stock currently is in mm that would be great!
the other question is would this make the camera sit more flush with the back of the phone? right now it sticks out alot so i might like a larger back if it helps with that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones