• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Got an HTC 1500mah battery today.

huh? obviously i let it charge overnight, i'm not waking up in the middle of the night just to pull the thing off the charger...but how would that lead to me waking up to a battery that isn't 100%? it should be 100% immediately after i pull it off the charger...

Not sure good question. Maybe its stops charging so in essence its plugged in but actually draining. I haven't found to go to 92% after an hour from charging it all night however.

Upvote 0
Not sure good question. Maybe its stops charging so in essence its plugged in but actually draining. I haven't found to go to 92% after an hour from charging it all night however.

now i'm at 45% after 8 hrs 15 min off the charger and what i would consider pretty much light usage. a few texts, some internet, some calorie counting...gps/wifi/bluetooth off the entire day.

Upvote 0
same thing this morning, but in a different way: the juice plotter graph got to 100% around 4am, but battery indicator says my battery is fully charged since 7:31am. either way, it seems the battery is not fully charged when the light initially turns green (although it seems that it will get the full charge if you just leave it on the charger long enough, you don't have to turn it off and charge it that way)...

Upvote 0
Posted this in one of the other batt threads as well, but I have this on order 1600mAh Li-ion Extended Battery for HTC Touch Pro 2 and will report in when it arrives. Possibly 20% more capacity...

Just wanted to update you all who aren't on the '"other" TP2 battery thread. This battery has been performing VERY well for me. I'm seeing an estimated 20-30% more uptime off the charger with this battery (that's not any sort of scientific measurement, just a comparison between a normal day with the stock OEM and a normal day with this one).

Example, my current uptime off the charger is over 17 hours, and I'm still at 83% charge. Not too shabby...

Upvote 0
Got the ebay 2 1500mah battery and charging it right now. When I'm using the ebay charger, the touchscreen is completely unresponsive. Anyone else is having that problem?

I to am using an OEM 1500 battery bought from Ebay as well as a $4 external battery charger. I can confirm the touchscreen is unresponsive when connected to the charger. Good thing I don't charge the battery while in the phone.

I have had the battery for about a week now and I can tell a difference between the 1500 and 1300 battery supplied. Nothing earth shattering though. About as much of a difference as you would expect in just a bump of 200. For the price of $15 I would say "go for it" but make sure to purchase an OEM. Also, the 1500 battery is a little bigger and heavier then the 1300 but the back still fits on without gaps. It just takes a few more snaps around to make sure it is fully locked on. The extra weight feels very good with the phone.

I can also without a doubt say that charging the battery as well as the 1300 one supplied with the phone in the external charger is the way to go. No more dropping to 90%-95% in 5 minutes without use. It is obvious that HTC software will not allow a full charge of their battery via the phone.

I can now utilize both batteries and have an external charger on hand all for under $20 on Ebay. If one battery is used up, just slip in the next. Good Deal!

Reactions: JETC
Upvote 0
don't buy your batteries from sigmacellular on ebay. mine arrived completely dead and after charging it was down to 86% after 10 minutes of it sitting idle. i contacted the seller and he expects me to pay for return shipping to send the item back to be inspected. i should not have to spend any additional time or money on this. the right thing to do would be to offer a replacement.

don't deal with this seller.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to update you all who aren't on the '"other" TP2 battery thread. This battery has been performing VERY well for me. I'm seeing an estimated 20-30% more uptime off the charger with this battery (that's not any sort of scientific measurement, just a comparison between a normal day with the stock OEM and a normal day with this one).

Example, my current uptime off the charger is over 17 hours, and I'm still at 83% charge. Not too shabby...
You must not use your phone much. In fact, I know you aren't using it, maybe not at all.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Here is my "scientific" test:
Take Dinc with you cycling after charging all night. Have Pandora and Endomondo enabled for entire 4 hours. By end of ride the battery is at 5% +-3$. Repeat.

Buy 2 1500Mah+charger on ebay for 11.99.
Charge the battery up in the phone.

Start Pandora+Endomondo - so far 4:30min and I am at 10%.
Saturday I will take it for an actual ride.

But if my math is correct I am getting about 15% improvement.

So now I have 3 batteries to drop in backpack and replace if need be.
Thats fine - I didnt have big expectations from battery anyway.

On saturday or monday I will also receive 1750 Seidio - will take it for a ride and report what I get.

Oh yah - no gaps with 1500mah of any sort

Upvote 0
i was actually just looking at this. i also noticed it says out of stock. i'll call my local vzw store as i also get a 25% discount on my account.

Was just looking at the same thing. My discount brings it to $25 so I might just go with this instead of risk getting a fake off ebay. Plus it's easier to return if the battery doesn't perform as well as everyone says.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
You must not use your phone much. In fact, I know you aren't using it, maybe not at all.

No offense, Ryobi, but you don't "know" what you think you do. I use my Inc all throughout the day, for email, messages, music, 8-10 calls on average and the odd market download or two.

I'm posting my experience with this battery to hopefully help out a few people who might want to try it out, since it's cheaper than the Seidio, and for the members who've asked me to keep them updated. If you don't want to hear about it, skip past my posts.

Reactions: Zomb!e
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones