• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got an HTC One S - should I have got the Galaxy S3?

Jezston

May 29, 2010
After much thought, I recently purchased an HTC one s. It had the best balance for me on terms of cost, features, and camera quality.

However, I noticed the galaxy is only a touch larger, and has been getting rave reviews, and has a bigger community.

are there any compelling reasons to return my one s whole I still can for the galaxy, or are differences minor and I should remain happy with what I have?

Both of the phones are great but I would say that the GS3 has a larger community.

HTC used to be my favorite company for smartphones but I have recently started to doubt them as they are no longer updating their phones as often as they used to.

Samsung seems to do a better job right now but what the future holds nobody knows.

The Galaxy Nexus is your best in terms of updates but it may not have some of that cool stuff that HTC or Samsung put on their phones to make it stand out.

Upvote 0
After much thought, I recently purchased an HTC one s. It had the best balance for me on terms of cost, features, and camera quality.

However, I noticed the galaxy is only a touch larger, and has been getting rave reviews, and has a bigger community.

are there any compelling reasons to return my one s whole I still can for the galaxy, or are differences minor and I should remain happy with what I have?
My experience with the GS3 over the last few weeks has proven the professional reviews(which I read before buying) to be accurate. It is the closest thing to a desktop computer in your pocket. Extraordinary piece of hardware, and I have no connection either with Samsung or anyone else in the supply chain. Helluva box.

Upvote 0
I used to use an HTC Desire Z. I really wanted to get the One S, but the real deal breaker for me is the 16GB of storage and not expandable. I need 32GB, so I got the SGS3. Personally, if it weren't for the storage, I would have gotten the One S. I really miss Sense. It has some really nice features that is lacking in TouchWiz. Not any real deal breakers for the SGS3. Just some things that are rather annoying and missing, but have mostly adequate replacements via the Play Store. Things I can live without, but would have really liked.

Upvote 0
Depends.. The S3 looks modern but so fragle.. Keep the HTC One S :) Plus you can benefit with the Beats Audio if you ever buy Beats Earphones and you wont regret it

If you root the SIII you can also have beats audio on it. I love beats audio on my SII.

I would take the SIII over the One S any day! I really like Samsung and dislike HTC though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones