1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

got cwm6 booted! need someone to build img

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by junkie2100, Dec 22, 2012.

1. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

i know its confusing, how do i know it works if i cant build an image you ask?
    well i used builder.clockworkmod.com because i dont have a stable enough connection to aquire the cm source locally

so anyhow on to what i need help with, ive got it booting on my phone, so far thats as far as i can get unfortunately, without being able to impliment my own boardconfig.mk i cant enable the buttons or set up the partition sizes correctly

now i do in fact have the correct values for the partitions as well as the un commented board_has_no_select_button :=true thing, and i can impliment them into the boardconfig for you, that is no big deal, and the fact that the thing is all pink and purple is of no real concern at the moment, the important thing is that it boots and stays on, the up and down works i just cant click and if i were able to itd screw everything up using the bad size values

i will upload the boardconfig and other files necessary for the build i just need someone that can get the jellybean source and build a recovery.img

at this point its down to working out the bugs but i cant work out any of the bugs if i cant build locally

i will post in this forum my source files as soon as i edit the boardconfig and upload them, give me about 10 minutes

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. junkie2100

ok so it took me an hour, but i decided to implement alot more code into the boardconfig so it may even work to boot a cyanogen with a little more stuff, might as well get that all out of the way since i was already in the file tinkering

anyway, get yourself a copy of jellybean, and build using this device tree, if that has issues you can try to debug it or you can just use the secondary boardconfig.mk i put in the root of the zip instead of the one in the device/zte/warp2/ folder

should be able to build using the normal recovery image maker built into the cm10 source because that is what it did on the jenkins server and it booted just fine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9a09cp7owe5eazl/warp2_device_tree.zip

even if the boardconfig.mk in the directory doesnt work the one in the root of the zip will i can guarantee that much because i have watched it boot myself, and the only things i changed were

TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM := unknown
    to
    TARGET_BOARD_PLATFORM := msm7x30

modified and added partition sizes

and uncommented
    #BOARD_HAS_NO_SELECT_BUTTON := true
    #BOARD_HAS_LARGE_FILESYSTEM := true
    so it in essense is the exact same file i used for the bootable build

also try uncommenting the
    #BOARD_CUSTOM_GRAPHICS
    line i pulled from playfulgod's source, i have the file in there its just disabled because it wouldnt work right in jenkins
    *edit*
    final update for now, this zip contains a root directory for the recovery folder, ive seen that other setups have them and they include the sbin directory that holds the adbd application which would probably account for the failure to launch debugging
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwq94vka2qgxru7/recoveryroot.zip
    try extracting that to the recovery folder and see what happens
    this stuff would be so much easier if i could build locally :( but hopefully this gets someone to where they need to be

3. junkie2100

and for all of you who may not believe me, heres a photo of the phone running cwm 6.0.2.3
    [​IMG]

4. junkie2100

one last note, i forgot to credit hoark. it was his boardconfig.mk that i pulled from, so in order to get a full cyanogenmod working you could just pull from his cm9 for the warp on github and modify things accordingly.
    not only might this be helpful to other devs but i believe in giving credit where credit is due
    and also on the partition sizes, i am 99.9% sure they are accurate down to the byte, but i could be off, not by much but at least by a little, i used the /proc/partitions file to base things off of because i had nothing else to go on, and i found that by multiplying the block numbers of the boot and recovery partitions by 1024(if you dont know the significance of that number just move on) you come up with the exact size in bytes of the output dumps and the number matches hoarks cm9 numbers for those partitions and comes very close to his calculations for the other partitions so i figure its close enough to function if not dead on

5. junkie2100

bump
    someone needs to try this code and let me know if it works, all signs say that it should work perfectly i just cant build it without the ability to acquire the jellybean source

and if it doesnt work at least tell me what it does wrong so i can debug it. ive got the time, and i should be able to figure it out, im only lacking in the ability to run the build program

6. shinru2004

shinru2004 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

PlayfulGod was working on CWM 6 but it kindda dropped off..... you might want to speak with him. maybe you can collaborate.

7. junkie2100

i know i saw his work he had posted on github, unfortunately it was little more than i got using the automated builder. no partition sizes or anything, i fixed all that though, i just cant tell if my code works because i cant download the cm source on my 3g boost mobile internet tethered to my computer
    the sad fact of the matter is it may very well work, i just cant compile it

ZTE Warp Sequent Forum

The ZTE Warp Sequent release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews