• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Got cyanogen 9 but now I have no sound?

I don't think there is a workable version of CM for this phone.
This is complete misinformation. Pls research before posting. There is an amazing product called Google Search, and its FREE!
USE IT!!

The ClockworkMod app has been known to be problematic for some months now especially for the E739 (and possibly other phones). This does not mean that CM9 is the cause of the problem. It is not.
There are some rather impressive CM9 nightlies available.
So if you want to try CM9 you have many options as there are a lot of mirrors spread across all of the internets. :p
My 2 favorites are to either download the ROM directly from http://get.cm/, select the E739 on the LHS of the screen, or use GooManager from the Play Store and download the ROM that way.

The CM9 ROM from 05/31 is very nice. You WILL need Gapps.

If you use GooManager you can also get Gapps through the app.

It is important that you understand that a ICS ROM requires a different set of Gapps that a Gingerbread based ROM.

The recommended Gapps for CM9 is 20120429 available thru the GooManager app or from http://goo.im/gapps.

Of course before flashing any new ROM, always make a backup of your current ROM and never assume that a backup you have restored previously will work again.

Reactions: djwuh
Upvote 0
Unlockroot.com has what you need to root. They have a list of compatible devices and c800 is on it .All you need is there free software And the driver for your particular phone that you can download from LG . I also posted more detailed instructions on the forums at Androidcentral.com search for "found root for mytouch e-739" if you want to view it. Otherwise you can do a Google search for "how to root c800" and you'll find other methods

Upvote 0
This is complete misinformation. Pls research before posting. There is an amazing product called Google Search, and its FREE!
USE IT!!

The ClockworkMod app has been known to be problematic for some months now especially for the E739 (and possibly other phones). This does not mean that CM9 is the cause of the problem. It is not.
There are some rather impressive CM9 nightlies available.
So if you want to try CM9 you have many options as there are a lot of mirrors spread across all of the internets. :p
My 2 favorites are to either download the ROM directly from CyanogenMod Downloads, select the E739 on the LHS of the screen, or use GooManager from the Play Store and download the ROM that way.

The CM9 ROM from 05/31 is very nice. You WILL need Gapps.

If you use GooManager you can also get Gapps through the app.

It is important that you understand that a ICS ROM requires a different set of Gapps that a Gingerbread based ROM.

The recommended Gapps for CM9 is 20120429 available thru the GooManager app or from Goo.im Downloads - Browsing gapps.

Of course before flashing any new ROM, always make a backup of your current ROM and never assume that a backup you have restored previously will work again.

No one ever said that CM9 was the caused if three problem, and yes I HAVE done my research. There IS NO official CM9 build for the LG E739 yet. The only version is written for the E730 and is NOT compatible with the lg mytouch...
As far as the other versions you are mentioning, some one may have tweaked a version for their phone, which is perfectly fine, but as I stated earlier CM DOES NOT have an official build fir or phones yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones